Waterfowl Digest

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by riverrat47, Nov 4, 2016.

1. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Has anyone seen a hard copy of the Digest of Waterfowl Hunting Regulations? I've yet to see one in my area.

2. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Yep, even have a couple copies. Presley's got them in a week or so ago.

Chris

3. goosnit

goosnit Senior Refuge Member

Picked up a copy at Bass Pro in Bolingbrook today

4. DANNY NEWELL

DANNY NEWELL Elite Refuge Member

I picked one up at Marshall the other day.

Danny

5. riverrat47

I stopped at several Walmarts coming across on I-80 on Wednesday. While they had the regular hunting digest, all claimed that they hadn't received the waterfowl digest. Going to head over to Morris and see if Big R might have them.

6. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

Riverrat - all the IDNR locations have them. isn't there a check station or something around you ?

7. riverrat47

I finally found them at the Big R in Morris. I stopped at 5 Walmarts; none having them. The local Walmart clerk told me they received one box of the hunting regs booklet, which was gone in 4 days. They are the ONLY year around license vendor in the county. The other four Walmarts had hunting booklets but no waterfowl booklets-and no clerks to ask, I might add.
    The closest DNR site to my house is 28 miles...with no reason to normally travel that way. Besides, with minimal staffing, their office is most often closed. I didn't think to stop at Hennepin Canal or Starved Rock on my way to Marseilles, but I know that Hennepin is also often locked up. Rarely is there anyone visible at Illini St. Park.

8. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Geez, Ed.
    It sounds like them state guys are former Marines....never around when you need em. :dv;)
    Good luck up there this year ol' timer and be sure to save some, and send some, our way (ducks, not waterfowl digests).

auto5 and riverrat47 like this.
  9. riverrat47

Ain't no such thing as a former Marine...just Marines that are no longer on active duty. Besides, Marines are usually off fighting wars, not hanging around, tending bouys (sp?).:fp;):dv
    Hopefully, this weather change coming about on Friday will bring something down...and hopefully get the deer moving. Best case scenario would be for Marc and I to fill our tags Friday AM and be done with it, then be able to find somewhere to duck hunt for the rest of the weekend.

Il. MudDuk likes this.
  10. The Yeti

The Yeti Elite Refuge Member

A pile of both digests are printed each year and sit at the distribution center in Pawnee. There is a number on the back cover of the waterfowl digest and I think the inside back cover of the hunting and trapping digest, same number in both. Vendors can call for additional digests.