Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Waterfowl Obsession

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Jan 19, 2017.

1. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Anyone watching this show on the Sportsman's Channel. That has got to be the best snow goose hunting footage on TV. Man are they decoying. That definetly gets the blood pumping.

2. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

Ive watched it in the past and yea it gets me real excited for season. But dang all the slow-mo drives me crazy, hate it. Not sure why but I do.

3. hammbone

hammbone Senior Refuge Member

4. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

Totally agree on the slo mo thing. I literally can't watch it because of that. Show the hunt and decoy setting in real time please. Putting out decoys in slow mo.....***. if you need to fill more time find another way to do it PLEASE!!!! Also, show us hunting in the States where 95% of us hunt. Have seen the beat down on all the new birds in Canada. Show us the real stuFf that happens for the normal snow goose chaser. I do like the show but getting harder too watch. Zink and Buttz need to rethink the show format and turn off the Slow Motion!!!!!

5. Geez n Quackers

Geez n Quackers Senior Refuge Member

It is good videography. And no doubt, they are doing their homework (scouting) to produce quality hunts. But it is hard to tell one WO program from another. It goes like this: 20 seconds shown in the truck scouting a feed, 30 seconds in the darkness under truck headlights setting up, followed by sped up footage of it getting light out. Then the hunting starts. Typically with a massive flock of snows already almost in shooting range. Cut to the slomo of the flock on set wings, back to normal speed to call the shot, back to slomo for the carnage while loudly playing the soundtrack to Apocalypse Now during a napalm strafing. Repeat several times. Conclude by showing how they set up the Avian X decoys and Scott's various spinning wing things. Then fade out while watching Scott's extensively wrapped Caddie drive past from a ground level view.

In truth I don't mind all the selling of hunting products on these shows. Otherwise it wouldn't be on the air. But it is nice to realize that I am not the only one that despises the slow motion. Especially the repeat to show how "this" bird was crushed by the shot charge! And I would much rather they play the natural sounds of the surroundings than a music soundtrack. But all the waterfowl hunting shows do that.

About the only show that engages me, and I can really watch without fast forwarding through it is Heartland Waterfowl. It's the closest to feeling the hunting experience and comradery; not just documentation of a good shoot. Believe it or not, they show some hunts that didn't go so well. And that was sometimes more interesting!

6. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Is this it?

7. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

The show is OK. Turning the volume down and not listening to butz talk helps alot.

CANME and jzoo like this.
  8. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

I'd rather watch paint dry

callinfowl likes this.
  9. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

I would rather watch snows decoying into a decoy spread. This show clearly does that. Can it be improved.......probably. But until someone does it better.....this is hands down the best snow goose hunting show on TV.

marsh man dan and DaPutts like this.
  10. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

Every time a snow goose show comes on ten more idiots here become snow goose hunters. The numbers of knuckleheads doubles here each year n r birds never get to sit for even a day without some moron jumpin em or idiot shooting at em from a road because he swore he saw a band or collar. These shows and the inernet have ruined the sport as we know it. I'm just an average schmuck who has limited time to hunt and think about how fun it was and easy to get permission just 5 years ago . Now it's a s#%t show and getting worse. I cringe every time i see one of these on tv

Phil Hudson and KID CREOLE like this.