Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Waterfowl Obsession

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

Slow motion intro's, slow motion throughout the show, product pitching, blaring rock music or corny songs about flocks coming in get old.

I'll admit to not watching Butz's show on a regular basis, but yesterday's episode didnt seem to have the amount of "slo-mo" previous episodes did and I liked that they had a bit of water out in front of the blinds instead of the usual plain Jane dry fields.
    I'd give yesterday's show two thumbs up.

2. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

After kind of bashing the slow mo thing I watched that same episode you are referring to and must say the over field/water thing was very cool and obviously a tremendous hunt. That was really unique and enjoyable I also noticed less slow mo so maybe they are making some good changes with the show. As someone else mentioned it is still by far the best Snow Goose show on TV. I would love to see more US hunting though as I have said before. Canada is awesome for filming for sure but would like to see some realistic Spring hunting in the US for a bit of a change.

3. WCPOPO

WCPOPO New Member

I like the show for the same reason I like most hunting shows, it let's me get amped up for something I love to do but can't at the time. I think this show and avian x both do a good job of ideas for setups and share ideas for utilizing their products. They're going to push them because that's what pays for their shows. However, unlike other shows that constantly say "if it wasn't for project X, then we would never have had an opportunity to shoot Y." They show how they use them, and I've even seen them admit to flaring birds at time and show them putting the product down or removing it. Scott seems a little arrogant at times, but I think it's just a dry personality.

4. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

I happened to be in Sask this fall when they were filming in the area and was asked to join the hunt with Fred and Scott. Never had met either of them before. We hunted with Scott for 2 days and with Fred one morning. I found them both to be good guys during the time I was there. Both are obviously very knowledgeable and I have to say I learned a lot about snows while with Scott. He explained why he was setting up the way he did and pointed out how birds were responding which made a lot of sense.

Haven't seen the episodes so I'll have to check them out.

WCPOPO likes this.
  5. musher

Scott manufactures the socks and sells them through is business.

DaPutts likes this.
  6. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

And that's fine but why don't they mention that instead of BSing us with how great their full bodies are?

7. musher

Sorry but I can't answer that for you. Maybe it is because of a some agreement between who pays the majority of the bills for producing the show.

8. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

Because FBs have no motion. Why not add them..thats why

9. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

^THIS I have yet to see them hunting snows in the states, in the spring on TV. And ive seen their "truck/caddy" driving through MO in the spring chasing the snows. Yeah its fun to watch them pound them in Sept in Canada but I cant relate to that. And hate both Zink shows because of the ssssslllllloooowwww mmmmoooo BS!

CNWD likes this.
  10. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

We hunt over 30 doz FBs in Canada and have not problem killing them without socks, flyers or rotaries