Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Waterfowl Obsession

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Jan 19, 2017.

1. timber hunter

timber hunter Elite Refuge Member

2. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Yes. Scott manufactures and sells his own socks. They are based out of Fargo and Ken has posted on other threads that his crew are converting to that make and model ...

Maybe Ken is on their Pro-Staff now....

3. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

If you wanna sell snow goose gear you film EVERYTHING in Canada, especially when you openly say your strategy is to target grinds with high juvie ration

4. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

Do NOT buy the outfitter series. We ordered 10dz to see how they were. The backbone hinge system is made so poorly that 8 of them broke the first time we opened them up. No wonder there was about a dozen extra hinges in the box! lol
    I cannot speak as to the quality of the FB series, but Scott openly says on tv that they are not meant to fold up after the hunt, and that they should instead be stored in a cube bag.
    This is me reading between the lines, but it seems like they made a ****ty product and then had to make a cube bag to store them because they know if you fold them up they will break. I mean, who the **** makes a decoy that folds up and then says they are not meant to fold up?????

hyper23 likes this.
  5. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

"I mean, who the **** makes a decoy that folds up and then says they are not meant to fold up?" :l if you reread your post, you answered your own question. :reader :yes

6. jzoo

Negooseman likes to point out the answer to questions that were written for dramatic effect. I mean who the hell answers rhetorical questions anyway?!:sp:sp:sp

7. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

8. hyper23

hyper23 Senior Refuge Member

jzoo, take a pic of all the broken ones so you/someone can tag him on fbook. That's what he did after one of his customers had a few white rocks come apart. Only difference is the white rocks could be fixed in seconds with a new pushnut

9. jzoo

I should have but I think I threw all the pieces away.

The way these work, there is a ramped knob that a finger has to get past to unfold the decoy. This ramp is a little too tall and puts too much pressure on the plastic rivets that hold the joint together. We ended up taking 1/16" off of the knob with a grinder on every single decoy, now they work pretty well.

10. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

I would send every single one of them back. They are getting premium prices for tyvek on a plastic stick. At a minimum they should refund your money for that junk! I would not even consider grinding down 50 dozen decoys (or 10 dozen for that matter)............too dang expensive to have to do that on a decoy that is marketed as a collapsible.

Understand you have to do what you have to do but they would have refunded me my money and I would shop elsewhere for decoys that do collapse without breaking!

Good luck