Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Waterfowl Options near McCall

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Will Baer, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Will Baer

Will Baer Guest

Congratulations on your forum. My family is staying at a relatives home near McCall for a week during Xmas. Is it even worth bringing my waterfowl hunting gear or have the birds left by this time of year? Are there any public areas to hunt? You don't have to be specific because I don't won't to infringe on your honey hole. Please just give me some general info. Thanks...

Will

2. Peregrine

Peregrine Elite Refuge Member

I don't know about the McCall area, but here in the Southern part of the state (I'm 2.5 hours South of McCall)that is the BEST part of the season. A lot of goose hunters don't even start hunting until Thanksgiving.

Try calling the McCall Fish & Game office at (208)634-8137 and see if there are any birds hanging out in that area that time of year. The problem is that at McCall's elevation, most things are frozen solid by then, and there's not much in the way of food crops there. I think there is more food 30 minutes South, near Cascade, but I'm not sure. It's flatter for sure though.

Peregrine

3. dkhntin

dkhntin Senior Refuge Member

Will

There is some great hunting around Cascade on the Payette River. The north end of the lake.

------------------
    Wings Set!!!
    Dkhntin

4. Will Baer

Will Baer Guest

Thanks for your assistance Peregrine and Dkhntin. I'll make a few phone calls.

Will