Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Waterfowl Survey Results Are In

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by goosepond, Apr 3, 2016.

1. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

Well, Fish and Game released the results of their waterfowl season survey on April 1st. Probably will be a surprise to some and others will be disappointed, but, there must have been a lot of input and comments to get to where they did.

Here is the link:

https://idfg.idaho.gov/form/2016-mi...als-waterfowl-sandhill-cranes-doves-and-crows

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Bummer that the season for the Panhandle would be Oct 1 through mid January. But I gave my input on the survey...and must be in the minority.

3. woodsboy

woodsboy Refuge Member

H H I agree. I asked for the later season also.

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the link

5. DoveMan

DoveMan Senior Refuge Member

We still can't get that 2-day split to end on a weekend:dohI know we are only allowed 3 zones, but I think some of those, especially parts of zone 2 (CDA area especially), could be lumped in with zone 3.

OT- Any of you guys hunt doves? I know it's against fed framework, but seems like we could be shooting em from at least August 20th, instead of September 1st; heck most are long gone by 2nd week of September...

6. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

I know a lot who didn't care about the 2 day split to end on the weekend, a lot who said to put it in and didn't hear a lot who didn't want it. So don't know what happened. Doesn't make any difference to me with it. Also, I know a lot who agreed and submitted suggestions to lump part of zone 1 and 2 together with the early season(s) and let the rest of zone 2 and 3 have the later seasons. Again, must have been a ton of folks that put comments in or double comments to put it as it ended up. I like the early season for East Idaho for a number of reasons, but suggested splitting zone 2 and lump with SW Idaho season.

7. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

On October 1 there will be ducks everywhere in the state. Some places more than others but there will be birds. The same can not be said for January 20th. :tu