Waterproof trolling motor for homemade ice eater

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Mike Perry, Sep 21, 2017.

1. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

No I don't work for Ice Eater. They make a great products I can afford own one and a sump pump will clog up. Once again ping pong balls to bowling balls.

2. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

Good for you that you can afford an ice eater. Your ice eater can't compete with my outboard engine. Ping pong balls to medicine balls .

LA in ATL likes this.
  3. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Wow great. I have a nice outboard motor on the flat bottom and a mud motor on my xpress.

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Mud motor works better than an outboard for blowing out ice. Ice Eater works better than either one.

5. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    I agree Mr. Bill... Funny thing is, they are bit_hing about the cost of the ice eater and nothing being said about the genset to push it.. Ours is the Honda 2000 but lots use other kinds.
    Our ice eater is the 3/4hp and does a wonderful job.

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'..............

6. Spey

Spey Refuge Member

The jet-pump on my tiller 2-stroke 200hp moves ice pretty good ;-) Then again my 1st pump, a 25hp, was pretty effective too. Just depends on what county ya wanna push the ice to

7. cast&blast

cast&blast Senior Refuge Member

I don't use ice eaters so I'm no help with them. But when using a boat I always break out a hole or two down current for my ice to float into. Works pretty slick. On a different note. Does anybody else get as big a kick as I do watching your buddy ( who has his back to the wind) about pee down both legs when you hit the first skim ice of the year running wide open. I find it hilarious watching their eyes get as big as saucers and desperately trying to find something to hold on to.

8. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Bet a jet does work well. They are next to useless in my area, but I could see them moving water great for blowing out ice.

9. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

A blue tarp on top of the ice is the easiest and cheapest thing of all. No decoys needed.

10. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

I do not work for Mallard View but their Ice Eaters are the best improvement we have ever made to our duck hole. Nothing else even close.