Wayne Betts Original (Pre-1990) Duck Call

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by LBarrett, May 25, 2018.

1. LBarrett

LBarrett New Member

Hello Forum Members,
    I have an original, handmade Wayne Betts Duck Call in the original bag he sold it to me in. I purchased this from his personally when he was still living in California. The exterior was nibbled on by my puppy at the time, but it does not affect the calling.
    I never got into duck hunting and have held onto this for years. The reed is still original because it hasn't been used. It was signed by Wayne Betts. We are awaiting a reply from Betts Calls authenticate the call with Wayne's signature. 20180525_163904.jpg 20180525_163837.jpg
    I was wondering if there is any interest out there for this collectible item.

2. tsaylor1979

tsaylor1979 Elite Refuge Member

I would think so.

3. Goose Isle Gunner

Goose Isle Gunner Elite Refuge Member

4. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

"We are awaiting a reply from Betts Calls authenticate the call with Wayne's signature." Waiting on Bett's?:clap:clap:clap

5. LBarrett

LBarrett New Member

Still waiting for wayne. I know it is Wayne's signature. I knew him long ago in California and bought it direct from him. You can see the Betts Call stamp under his signature.

6. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

I have that same call and it was my go to call for several years. Well mine is a tad different. I remember I was working at Waterfowl Supply in Concord and Wayne came into the store. He started talking about contest calling and pulled out his call and ripped into it. He made my ears bleed. I'm sure someone might want it as Wayne does make a pretty good call.

upload_2018-5-31_8-32-26.png

7. LBarrett

LBarrett New Member

Thanks for showing me this. Sorry for the late reply. Its the same exact call. This thing is amazing.