We had a great time this weekend nice meeting you guys and A big thanks to R-McKnight

Discussion in 'Kentucky Flyway Forum' started by C_RIVER_HUNTER, Dec 21, 2003.

1. C_RIVER_HUNTER

C_RIVER_HUNTER Senior Refuge Member

It was a lot of fun blind #3 Guys thanks for the "Rocking" day of Goose hunting! Blind #3 was the place to be, and a big hail call to F-in-Amish!

2. kywaterfowler

kywaterfowler Moderator

Most Northeastern part of Southeast Central Kentuc
    I second what CRH had to say!!

Blind # 3 was a blast them guys are alright!!!

CRH forgot to tell you our journey back involve passing thru Evansville,Louisville and lexington. Stopped off and played Santa.

As soon as we got into Georgetown what did we see but a field full of geese!!!....then later in the walmart parking lot a good flock of geese flew over....Ironinc huh????

CRH forgot to tell you all about the UFO we saw as well....bout freeked us out!!!!

Was a great day and a half of hangin with u all!

And the concrete pit was the stuff with the hidden bomb shelter and the 1,000,000 btu gas heater.

Got to see a good mouse killin as well.

CRH get them pics sized a loaded so weez can see'em.

3. Ky Big R

Ky Big R Senior Refuge Member

Sorry I missed all you guys!I called Richie fri night at 10:30 from work to see who all was left,he said everyone was gone and were all going to meet back at the oil tanks at 5:00 am so I went home and got all my stuff and went back up there and parked at the oil tanks and slept in my truck so I wouldnt miss any of you guys.Well I woke up to the sound of trucks wizzin by the tanks and before I knew what happened everyone was gone.He didnt tell me ya were going to meet at the turn road before you get to the oil tanks.The only ones left were the ones hunting the bean ridge pit,Greenhead Rocker,GW Hunt,ect.Then I was plannin on coming back down and meeting some of you guys after we got the kids breakfast fixed at our place.Got done with breakfast,sat down on the couch and woke up at 11:30.By the time I got back down there Richie said everyone in the lower bottoms was gone and they were pulling decoys.I guess I sleep to much.Maybe next year I guess. :confused: Im glad everyone had a good time even though there was a lack of cooperation from the fowl.We didnt fire a shot at our place until 3:30 in the afternoon.The worst day we have had since the season opener.

4. C_RIVER_HUNTER

C_RIVER_HUNTER Senior Refuge Member

Sorry I missed you big R I wanted to give you some calling tips that will help you improve, maybe next time!!!!:sp :sp :sp

That UFO Freeked me and Neal out! What he forgot to tell You guys is that it was so freeky we both **** ourselves! had to ride back sitting in our own ****!!!!!!Had the truck windows down all day, that damn fabreez works great!

5. animalman

animalman Senior Refuge Member

The whole concrete pit left way too early the geese didn't fly until noon. The rest of us left out of the steel pit about 1:30 after everything died down. Thanks Richie again

6. gwhunt

gwhunt Senior Refuge Member

Great meeting everyone this weekend. Got some excellent info from some great guys including Ritchie, Big R, Mr. Hess and Animal Man, among lots of others.

While the birds didn't cooperate, it sure is THE place to be later this season. If you guys can swing it you had better check in with Ritchie about booking a slot. Great location, calling and decoy spread. All we could ask for was some birds to fly over and take a look!!!:sp

7. KYduckslayer

KYduckslayer Senior Refuge Member

had a great time with you guys in the steel pit, just wish we could have had some of those birds come on down for a closer look. but it not always about the kill the hunt was worth meeting and talking with all of you. hope to get the chance to hunt with ya again:D

8. Ky Big R

Ky Big R Senior Refuge Member

Unless you get migrators the birds very seldom get up off the fuge in the mornings on blue bird days,the afternoons are usually better.I wish would have known there were still some guys down in the lower bottom pits,I would have came down there.Richie said eveyone down there had left and went to hooters for dinner.Luckyshot is stll talkin about him gettin to meet the infamous C_RIVER_HUNTER.I think it will be awhile before he gets over it.He sounded like a teenage girl that just saw Elvis for the first time.

9. webfootedquacker

webfootedquacker Elite Refuge Member

I enjoyed it, and like they said pit #3 was the place to be. Ritchie said he wanted all the cool guys, and f-in amish in pit #3. This old amish boy apparently had been caught before doing extra curricular activities with pigs, but I won't go there.

Enjoyed huntin with ya Kywaterfowler, CRH, luckyshot, Topper and the unnamed amish boy.

Enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks for the BQ Charlie, it was great.

Ritchie, thanks for the opportunity, I really enjoyed it, you got a great place down there.

Ritchie is a pretty good ole boy, anybody that rags on Shawn (it-flies-it-dies) as much as he does, is gotta be allright.

And Shawn, once again sorry to hear that a boy with a hairlip took your oldlady, my condolences.:D

10. kywaterfowler

kywaterfowler Moderator

Most Northeastern part of Southeast Central Kentuc
    webfootedquacker

was good huntin/shootin the bull with you too guy!

First time I ever discussed skiing Colorado in a blind!

Earl the Amish boy needs to get that puter moved closer to the T.V. so he can post up.

He has some good insight to life!!!

Amazin what you can learn in a few hours huh????