We have traitors in our ranks.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Packman, Feb 28, 2007.

1. flashman

flashman Elite Refuge Member

But we're not wasting time, treasure, and blood on them, we're doing it for us.

Again, what is the alternative. Fortress America?

Remember this:

What will we do when we are the only one's left?

2. uncleD

uncleD Senior Refuge Member

I see that it is still believed that Iraq is the front. Alot of you fellas are military or x military, right?

Do you think that overextending and depleating resources will accomplish the "mission'? I'll bet anything our enemy, whoever they are are seriously bidding their time and watching.

Yes, I feel that there should be fortress America.

I'm still wondering who the enemy is/are.

Can you name them?

Remember Evil is in all shapes and sizes.

Duke

3. uncleD

Flash,

I forgot to ask, doing what?

and I used the word waste given to the context of the conversation.

Surely, no life is wasted and I truely believe that most service people are doing "it" for the country.

I also feel that the motives and motions by our "leaders" are not the right measures.

Duke

4. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Where else is it?

No, we will be fighting radical Islam for years and years and years... Building "Fortress America" is fine and dandy, but it isn't going to solve a thing. There is actually a pretty good discusion about this on another forum, what do we do? Genocide? Convert to Islam? What? We will fight this war until the Dems pull us out, then we will wait until 9/11 happens again and we will be right in the same spot. So why not fight over there?

Now, on to your question about who are enemies are... let me help you with this:
    [​IMG]

I hope that clears some things up a bit.:D

YL03

5. 'tween_fly_ways

'tween_fly_ways Moderator

That's hysterical. . . and much closer to the truth than most folks realize. . .

6. La. Legend

La. Legend Elite Refuge Member

It's not the number of casualties but the fact that we're not winning this war that has people upset.

7. uncleD

Yellowdog,

Your cartoon is exactly correct, but ya still have your HEAD
    in the ant bed.

Fortress America should not only be a physical thing, but a mindset.

If continued for the many of years as wanted and wished for, then you won't have to worry about dim Dems pulling out. The political landscape in "Amerca" will probably be very different.

Look, the forcing of an idea, be it thereside or ourside without complete conviction of RIGHT and HONESTY may succeed in the short term, but soon the support will wane and the Good will prevail.

Duke

8. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

UncleD, I understand what you are saying, but how did the foundation of the Fortress get knocked down before it could really be constructed.!

The jack hammer came in the forum of the media following people like Cindy Shehan around. It comes by not showing the rebuilt hospitals,schools,women and girls attending school and college etc.

It came with the shrill pansy behavior of many politician's calling the War a mistake. You send a message that really we do not need to do anything because like you the enemy to the US is invisible.

I am not happy with the way things have went on many issues in Iraq,but I have not missed the fact that many of those who want the US gone completely have went to Iraq to fight us. They are there instead of here in our country.

Yes there is violence and unrest between some of the religious sects. But to be honest, this is not something that I am surprised. I expected it. It is going to take a long time for that type of violence to go away. Look at how long the religious fighting has gone on in northern Ireland. They are better educated than the Iraqi population and they still use terrorist activities. You need to step back and look at things from the big picture.

I do believe we have not done enough to protect our nation as we should, but look at where the barricades are being put up.

I was not around during WWII but the attitude of the majority of people then is the same now. They want a victory in the conflict. Some cannot see that a US victory is really the only way we can start once again to rebuild the foundation for the Fortress for the US. The fact that we can go where we want, and kick their butt is a better defense than taking a posture that allows any type of activity as long as it does not happen on US soil.

9. 'tween_fly_ways

'tween_fly_ways Moderator

How can "the people" possibly know? The media covers the war as if it were a nightly news show in Los Angeles--two shootings, a corrupt politician, an explosion, maybe an earthquake.

Newsworthy maybe, but never do they fold these events into the overall, developing story of the war. They treat setbacks as news and accomplishments as a given (therefore not worthy of report). That may be true in an established society/government/nation, but the exact opposite is true in post war nation building.

10. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Well no kidding, I am a soldier. Where the heck else should it be?

YL03