WEE MALLARD MONSTER

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by Irishwhistler, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Irishwhistler

Irishwhistler Senior Refuge Member

Aye Mates,
    This precocious pup "ALLIE MAE" has been a bold and confident little lass since about age 5 weeks as her age was when this photo was taken. Sired by me British / Irish male "TRAD", her bloodlines for both the sire and dam descend from the breeding program of Haynes Floyd of Double TT kennels in KS.

A calm, sweet disposition like her dam and a demonstrated drive for birds from her earliest introduction, her focus, intelligence, and all business demeanor at the early age of now four months old is a glimpse of what should be a really grand gun dog to come. Certainly a long way to go, but I enjoy me regular training sessions with her and her owner Bill.

DSC02981Resized.jpg
    Miss "ALLIE MAE" is a special little lass and one to keep an eye on.

P1050323.jpg
    ALLIE focused on her owner Bill. The intensity demonstrated by this pup is amazing.

P1050349.jpg
    ALLIE has been introduced to live birds, water, decoys, calls, the place board, other dogs, and lots of people. She is currently being conditioned to gunfire and is being worked on basic obedience training, taking all in stride and loves to work. Her SIT, RECALL, and REMOTE STAY are superb for a pup her age. All instruction is being kept fun, motivational, and just long enough to leave her wanting more. ALLIE has a "natural retrieve" but will be HOLD and FORCE FETCH conditioned after her secondary teeth come in. ALLIE will also be COLLAR CONDITIONED. Bold, confident, and highly motivated, ALLIE MAE has a bright future.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler

2. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Cute pics of a great looking dog. Enjoy your time with her, they grow up fast.

3. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

Intense looking pup. Looks like Allie is on her way to being an excellent working retriever.

Thanks for sharing and please post more pictures as she progresses in training.

4. Irishwhistler

Aye Dek,
    Thank ye kindly for ye reply. I have been working with retrievers for about 35 years and fully appreciate your post as they do grow up fast or might I dear say too fast (much like kids). I treasure the dogs I work with for each day I get to spend with them and I do get to work with some truly wonderful retrievers. Sending on a few photo's o' some current dogs I am working with regularly both as gun dogs and as K9 hunt test athletes.

P1020740Resized.jpg
    "THE BLACK STACK" - REV and TRAD, both accomplished hunt test athletes.

DSC03145.jpg
    LEXIE BELLE ON THE COBBLE

Slainte',
    Irishwhistler

5. Irishwhistler

Hers's a few more for ye; P1050110Resized.jpg P1050105Resized.jpg

6. Irishwhistler

This is HR TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD SH, the sire to ALLIE MAE.
    P1020273Resized.JPG
    Cheers,
    Irishwhistler

7. Irishwhistler

Here's the lads TRAD (left) and REV (right) working in tandem.
    P1020281Resized.JPG
    Cheers,
    Irishwhistler