Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Welcome New Sponsor: Riverside Lodge

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by admin1, Jan 7, 2016.

1. admin1

admin1 Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome to a new sponsor up north in Manitoba Canada, Riverside Lodge. Offering watefowl and big game hunting. They are now booking 2016 Whitetail deer, Black bear and Waterfowl,

Thanks Gildas @hanger for your support of refugeforums.com
    1-866-214-8402
    http://www.huntriverside.com
    https://www.facebook.com/huntriverside/

Attached Files:

2. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Glad to have you on board Gildas!

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Located on the west shores of Lake Winnipegosis. Nice location for the divers. Welcome Gildis!

4. hanger

hanger Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Hi guys nice to be back here. Been really busy past 5 years. Moving our entire operation to Lake Dauphin! We bought the old Sportsmans Lodge on the Valley River/lake Dauphin. Litterally picked up our buildings and moved everything there. NOW we have a gem of a hunting operation! We still own the other location but do very little hunting from there. (It is for sale if anyone wants a great diver hunting location? haha.)
    The past 5 years have been very busy for us relocating and rebuilding our business.
    We now offer exceptional diver hunting (Canvasback mecca) and world class field shooting for geese and ducks. This area is prime for both and our equipment and experience allows us to offer some great guided packages. Moving to this area provided us with access to some great hunting, more opportunity and a pool of great guides who love taking time off from their fulltime jobs/businesses to spend time doing what they love. It is a whole new world of opportunity for us and our guests. So we thought it is now time to get back in the many forums and magazines advertising our wonderful growing hunting operation.
    Update #1: Some old info may indicate freelance options, but we now only offer fully guided hunting trips. If you want to DIY go right ahead, the motels in town would love to have you. (just don't bring your birds there to clean and prepare to put on some miles locating/hunting birds)
    Our fully guided trips are fun, effortless and worry free. Contact us for more info.
    Update #2: We also now offer excellent Field Shooting for Geese and Ducks! This Parkland area is famous for the great flocks of birds and being born and raised here, worked in the grain industry for many years, landowner permission is easy for us and we are growing our land base each year. We have access to all the great fields and some of it exclusive (as offered/requested by landowner) because we show respect and gratitude for such a valuable opportunity.
    So Diver hunting as per usual and field hunting with our fleet of enclosed trailers, trucks, Atvs, equipment and gear, we get it done right. Wait until you meet our team of guides and their passion for getting into birds!
    Look forward to hosting all of you one day.

Chris Benson likes this.
  5. bang you'r dead

I've still never seen so many Redheads and Cans in one place as I did about 30 miles north of your old location on Lake Winnipegosis. Must have been 7 or 8 thousand birds all rafted up about a mile off shore. Amazing sight. Even more now on Lake Dauphin?? I used to hunt the east side and south side of the lake when I live in Ste Rose du Lac. Really nice spots and great farmers in the area. Good luck in your venture.

6. hanger

hanger Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

I was born in Ste. Rose Du Lac, and my father and Unlces built the Grotto there. Yes back in 2000-2003 it was NUTS! Like you said the divers were there like crazy. Then it started to lessen, and slow down creating weeks in the migration where we had to look really hard to find birds. It sure wasn't from pressure, but i think the rising water levels really made a difference because after 2008 it really became difficult to find birds. Lake Dauphin however, we have a great spot here. Some of our past guests remarked it was the best diver hunting they ever had! And some of these fellas been hunting a long time. It is a bit different from the area you mention 30 miles north of Duck Bay, (which would be Birch Island where i have a camp. Hard to believe you went there to hunt ducks? That's a 4 hour boat ride, or by float plane.) This area is nowhere near as remote as our old area, but there are ducks! That's what we need. Plus, the field hunting. We went from having no fields to hunt, to having some of the best fields in the world to hunt!!! Talk about offering opportunity! Both of our locations we originally built for the fantastic waterfowl hunting in the Parklands back in 1961 and 1964, Riverside Lodge by Mr. Ed Matwick (deceased) and Sportsman's Lodge Mr. Walter Kolichak still alive today in his late 90's. pretty good foundation to stand on.

7. bang you'r dead

Nice part of the country. I haven't been back to hunt in that area in nearly 20 years, but I may have to look up some old buddies.