Well Darn

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by The Mad Duck, Jan 8, 2017.

1. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

We got about 8 inches of snow yesterday. Today its nice and sunny. What a great opportunity to shoot some bird feeder photos. The feeder is on my porch rail and is just outside my storm door. Its 4 degrees here now,so I am hoping to get a few decent photos through the glass of the door (which I did). There is a big boxwood right by my front porch and it has 8 inches of snow on top of it. The bigger birds like the Cardinals and Bluejays have been landing on the snow covered bush before hopping to the feeder. Just a few minutes ago,a beautiful male Cardinal landed on top of the bush. I shot a few photos of him and stopped to check to make sure the photos were properly exposed. I am the worlds worst at shoot snow brightened photos. I was pretty happy with the photos I shot. Some movement caught my eye and as I looked up, a small hawk stooped in and slammed the cardinal into the bush,then flew off with the Cardinal in its talons.
    Of course, the camera was still lowered from me viewing the photos I had just shot. The only photo I got of the kill was the one in my mind that I wont ever forget.

2. boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy Elite Refuge Member

It beez like dat sometimes.

3. DEADEYE DICK

DEADEYE DICK Senior Refuge Member

We have a pair of Cardinals in a big tree across the street,they come to the feeder on our back yard all the time.
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why they are always chirp when they eat?!
    They are just asking to get attacked.

Sorry you missed the shot and sorry you lost one of your models.