Well Greybeard it looks like we are the....

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Krappie, Dec 29, 2000.

1. Krappie

Krappie Senior Refuge Member

only guys keeping this forum alive and kicking. Looks like a lot of folks are either too busy duck hunting yet, or just don't check in too much. Oh well, I'll try to add something to this little place. everyday...or every other. Hopefully I don't bore ya to death.

catch ya later,
    Krappie

2. Wood Duck

Wood Duck Senior Refuge Member

Not So! I just finshed cleaning a nice mess of perch and gills. Took a quik trip after work and fished for an hour. I have 2 good panfish lakes within 5 miles of my home and workplace and I do like to get out as mauch as possible.

------------------
    Will Hunt For Food

3. Blue Duck

Blue Duck Elite Refuge Member

Are you guys ice fishing? I have been here in north Idaho. Still a few ducks and geese around but hard to get at with the ice. The ice for fishing is marginal but getting better most places. Seems we can't get much of a cold snap without snow.

4. High Velocity

High Velocity Senior Refuge Member

I usually look forward to ice-fishing and was planning on doing a little gloating but it is WAAAYYY too cold for me. I would like to see a double digit day above zero to get out and explore. I'll suffer more for feathers than for scales. We have at least 1 1/2 feet of snow which has probably slushed up some of my favorites. I'm always checking in though.

5. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

We're kickin' out about 8" of snow to get to 8" of ice but it's been worth it.
    Gonna have the boys over next Tues. night for a mess of 'Gill Fillets....dusted in flour, dipped in egg-yoke, then rolled in fine-ground cracker crumbs AND dropped into REAL grease in a Black-iron Skillet!
    Dad-Gum! Does this post have a bunch of slobber runnin' down it?!!!

6. Krappie

Krappie Senior Refuge Member

Wiping the slobber from the keyboard right now. Nothing gets better than this. clic.......shhhhhhhhhh gug,gug,gug. Beer and some good ole fillets. Man!!! Now you're talking.