Well Its the 10th

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by PorkChop, Aug 10, 2006.

1. PorkChop

PorkChop Senior Refuge Member

Any of you guys/gals get out for grouse and stuff today? Post up some pictures!! 21 days and a wake up till your waterfowl openner and my early goose season!! :grvn How was the Salcha/Chena Salmon runs??? Good luck and start posting some pictures!! Its been too quit. I may just have to move back to find out whats going on!

2. bigreid

bigreid Moderator Moderator

I am still guiding on the Kenai. I had a day off yesterday and got out halibut fishing. Very windy for my river boat but we managed 7 amungst the 6 foot white caps, never should have been out except they called for 2 ft. seas!

[​IMG]

Been guiding for sockeyes on the river, it has been good!

[​IMG]

3. TBinKodiak

TBinKodiak Senior Refuge Member

Perfect eating size But there Reid. Took a couple in the 40-50lb range two weekends ago.
    Went deer hunting last Sunday. Saw a few bucks, but nothing worth shooting this early in the season. Did a little fishing trip Tues night. The three of us took our limit of 2 kings each. Here's the two I managed to get in the boat. :tu

[​IMG]

4. bigreid

bigreid Moderator Moderator

Nice kings, those are some fat, stocky fish. They look like SE kings. Great eating right out of the ocean!! How many can you get in a season down there, or is it just 2 a day?

5. TBinKodiak

TBinKodiak Senior Refuge Member

Its 2 a day out in the salt, no yearly limit. We picked up a couple silvers on that trip too. And of course every time the bait had to come up through the 40-20 foot level we had pinks hitting.

6. PorkChop

Now thats what I am talking about. Man those kings are silver!!! I would love to sink my teeth into one those or that Halibut!!! Thanks guys!!

Surely someone has taken some recent pictures at Creamers Field??? Maybe a picture of one of those white neckies!! I am sure I left one or two behind! ;)

7. R.A.Coleman

R.A.Coleman Senior Refuge Member

Hey: Pork Chop

Its been raining like 40 days and nights kind of rain. The bitch (Neca) is hotter than a $2. pistol, and Jet dog wants to hang around the house.. I have not finished MudHen yet but she will be done and ready for ducks.

We may go out tomarrow to see if we still have a floor, the rest of the blind is gone.

Hell I cant even use fishing as a excuse cause I havn't wet a line all year.

It seems like we will have a good goose rig, my 3 doz shells, Corey and Tim both bought a bunch of fancy field decoys too... Maybe not a super rig like yours but hopefully enough to get a goose or two for Thanksgiving and Christmass too.

Best to all

8. PorkChop

I am sure you guys will tear the geese up. I actually miss the goose hunting up there. A lot more adventure to the sport than there is here. Is there a lot of flooding going on? Alaska is a state but it never seems to make the news out this way. Good luck to you guys when you do get out.

Leo

9. R.A.Coleman

R.A.Coleman Senior Refuge Member

Leo:

Went to church this morning, water was comming into the basement celing. No rain gear, clogs on feet, helped get the ladder up and another guy cleaned out a gutter. All wet through the service.

Went back at 2 and cleaned out the gutters properly, still all wet.

Took the Neca dog down to the marsh, high water but didn't go over the waders. Pulled out some old brush, all that was left of the blind was the 8X8 timbers and cross pieces that were on the bottom under the ice when the SOB's burned it. So the blind starts from square one.

If the help don't show I'll shoot from the mudhen.

10. PorkChop

WOW sounds like you guys are getting pounded with rain. It seems like that the last couple of Augusts I was there it was also pretty rainy. We sure could use some of that out this way. If I was there I would give you a hand on that blind. Of course that is easy to say when your a couple of thousand miles away! ;)

Just got done watching your partners again in the Swampers Video. I miss those salty days.