Well...what did we see happen and what did we learn from the election yesterday?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Nov 8, 2017.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

The only way the democrats would be screwed is if they run someone who is even a bigger moron than Trump. I know a lot of Trump voters who are very unhappy with Trump and the Republican Party overall. It will be interesting.

2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I think we Republicans are going to wake up to a giant dark nightmare the day after the 2018 election. The only thing that will eclipse it will be 2020 when it won't be a nightmare it'll be a gawd damed tragedy. (Damed was spelled correctly)

Democrats are not going to sleep through these elections like they did in 2016. Not even the buried ones.

3. buck_master_2001

I think the republicans can stand a chance if they can actually manage to accomplish something. Anything. So far they keep striking out. I got excited about tax reform and then they announced their plan aaaaaaand it’s another giant let down. They just keep failing miserably at trying to actually sound like they care about the average citizen.

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Well...we'll see how the public reads it. They may replace as many Senators in 2018 because they see the current ones dragging their feet. There's an unusual amount of current democrat Senator seats open in 2018 vs Republican.

Millennials are supposed to be buying houses now and moving out of Momma's basement.

Haven't seen the actual stats it was just a comment on FOX this morning.

But I agree 2018 could go either way and if it does it'll probably go big.

5. big duck hunter

big duck hunter Senior Refuge Member

It was a win for true Republicans. The RINOS like Gillispie are dragging us down.

Good riddance.

6. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Well that's some circular "logic."

A Dem voting against Republicans EVERY time is better than a "RINO" voting against them some of the time.

You can't make this stuff up...

7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Why are we as a nation against a tax plan where everyone puts in their share (percentage)? These tax brackets with infinite loopholes are silly. How many IRS employees could be shifted from monitoring what comes in, to monitoring what goes OUT, and curb some of the blatant abuse (both deductions and entitlement programs) that happens with our tax dollars, if we went with a simplified plan that did away with all the deductions and loopholes? While the IRS has been scaled back significantly over the last 20 years, do we really need 80K people monitoring money coming in? If so, our current tax system is jacked up.

8. buck_master_2001

I think the issue that many Americans see is the crazy messed up distribution of wealth. The decks are stacked for the rich and powerful. Who would really truly benefit from a tax cut? Someone worth hundreds of millions or your common middle class American? The simple facts are the upper percentage of people hoard their wealth. The whole trickle down effect never really plays out. Middle class people get money and spend it...right back into the economy. The rich get it and hoard it. Look at the statistics over the last few decades in regards to wage growth and real spending power. It’s hugely out of wack.

Now you have the republicans admitting that they are being forced to pass a new tax plan that benefits their donors. All while trying to sell it to us as good thing. I’m sorry, I’m not buying into any of it.

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Hard to argue anything you said. The middle will continue to get screwed, no matter which party passes a new tax plan. It's designed that way. There's more middle (or was) to screw over, than any other part of the spectrum.

But, if we were to go to a tax plan that everyone invests equally in, whether through sales taxes or some other form of tax, NOT based off of your income, I feel a lot of issues would iron themselves out. I'm also not against closing the offshore account loophole. Take Apple, for instance... Biggest bank account in America, yet they pay hardly any taxes, because they act like an overseas company.

10. buck_master_2001

Agreed. Nobody wants to fight the corporate machine. Anything I said wasn’t a dig at Republicans more so our entire government. Both parties are wrapped up with the corporations because they have the money. It’s sad. I would love to see both of those parties get turned upside down by a true independent that is truly for middle America AKA Most Americans.

Michael likes this.