West coast torture

Discussion in 'South Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Gotcha. The weather was nice, that's for sure. However, I am coming to find out that weather isn't the only consideration of where to best spend your days. :tu

2. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

After the last couple weeks...makes we wish I could tolerate moving back to Ca. It's a great state...minus the trash that run it!

Going there for 2 weeks next week...hunting and fishing.

3. Mean Gene

Short visits is all I can take now. Lived there for 58 years and moving away was the best thing I ever did. When you live there you slowly get numbed until you can't see straight.

Where are you going to hunt there? Guys in the rice are having a HORRIBLE year for ducks...they are doing much better for geese.

4. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

Mostly south is where we'll be hunting. Unless one of us gets a good draw for an NVR. I've got a decent draw at San Jac and Wister the 13th and 14th. A buddy has a #1 at Cibola that weekend. Have some private land near Kern to hunt on non shoot days, and plan to fish Diamond Valley a few days.

I'm looking forward to it. Been 7 years since we all got to hunt together. And...praying for rain!

5. Mean Gene

You may have to pray real hard for rain. From what I've seen California is back into a drought. I have no idea how Wister is doing, and it's been 25 years since I hunted Cibola. Regardless of how you do you'll be considerable warmer for a couple weeks, nothing wrong with that for sure, and you get to see a friend again...that's priceless. Post up on how you do, I'd be interested in that. I have a friend down in the Coachella Valley who I went to school with who is a catcher and killer of everything that moves and he does well down there.