Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Western seperation

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by pounder, Dec 17, 2005.

1. pounder

pounder Elite Refuge Member

For those that live in the west...would you be willing/wanting to seperate from the eastern part of Canada???

2. Rockblind

Rockblind Elite Refuge Member

22 KM from Stakeblind 4000 KM from Stoneblind's Ho
    I am sure they will want to seperate if the Liberals win. The country is to divided.

3. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Do you really think Canada is on the verge of breaking up?

I understood that Canada was a confederation of Provinces, rather than a federation like the US. Therefore, the union to the central government was not as tight as it is here. Do I have that right?

What would happen if the Western Provinces decided to separate? Would they become sovereign nations, or would they maintain some affiliation with Canada as it exists now?

I read some years ago that if Quebec had voted to separate that the Maritimes would also separate and petition the US to join our union. Have you ever heard about that?

Personally, I'd welcome all freedom-loving Canadian Provinces to join the US. We have much more in common than in differences, similar values on many things, and more or less speak the same language.

David

4. sjemac

sjemac Moderator

Not to burst your bubble David but the last thing on most Canadian's mind is joining the United States. Even those who would vote for separation would do it to become their own country. The reality is that right now the US is less popular here than our own government -- even in the west -- the BSE and softwood lumber deals have soured that relationship. The Maritimes would be most likey to stay allied with Canada in the event of Quebec separation (the St' Lawerence would still connect them) and as a poor second choice would likely stay tied to Quebec, or try to go it alone before becoming a part of the US.

In the past this wouldn't be true and in the future it may not be either, but it is right now.

5. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

No thanks to our jack @## P.M. ! He sure isn't helping!

I can tell you one thing, something needs to be done and quick, everyone in Canada is getting damn tired of Toronto telling the rest of Canada what to do!! :mad: I wouldn't say that as a Westerner I would want us to separate from Canada, but again something needs to be done. People are getting fed up with the way the current politics work in Canada.

Yesterday in the Winnipeg Free Press they ran an article about how the Bloc Quebecois (Separatist group) is gaining support in Quebec over the Liberals. They feel if they do win a majority the party will once again have a referendum and vote on leaving Canada.

Really when it comes down to it who is everyone trying to get away from? Southern Ontario. Maybe if every province had a referendum and won we could form a new country and leave the province of Ontario as what's left of Canada.

6. Rem Choke

Rem Choke Senior Refuge Member

No doubt about it, our voting system has to be changed as too many seats are in Ontario, who in turn tells the rest of Canada who will run the country. I believe however,in a Canada of ten provinces.

No province has the right to seperate! Got It??!!! That includes you QUEBEC and Alberta. All land belongs to CANADA!!! Wanna leave? Send us a post card when you do. The U.S. is just across the border and there's Europe where your ancestors came from.

Let's clear up the corrupt, dirty, sleazy politcians that run our country instead of the childish mentality of 'taking my bat and ball and going home' if I don't get my own way. Let's find another way to take the country back.

7. tikka300

tikka300 Elite Refuge Member

The recent bull**** coming out of ottawa is not the fault of the antis or even that greasy bast@ard martin. The problem is the apathetic CDN gun owner who is so weak minded they think that every new guns law is OK provided it doesn't affect them directly. Just look at the US - they have their share of retards down there but they are organized (NRA) and are willing to stand up to any attempted infringement on gun rights - not just pisz and moan. So just keep voting liberal and the only gun you'll own is the little shooter between your legs.

8. bwalker

bwalker Senior Refuge Member

If quebec seperates, it would set a dangerous precedent for Canada as Alberta would be the next one to bail. The loss of quebec wouldnt be a big deal, but the loss of Alberta would be very bad.
    I dont think either will seperate. Instead they will use the threat of seperation as tool to get something they want and as a result SE Ontario will continue to rule the country.

9. Rockblind

Chris, the BLOC cannot call a referendum in Quebec, the PQ party has to be the party leading the province to do so. Currently it is the Liberal party running the province. So far we are safe, as long as we have the Liberals in power we won't have a referendum. So for everyone the Liberal party currently running the province is different then the liberal party that's is running in the Federal election this coming January.

10. Rockblind

So are you saying that the only thing you should look at on this election campaign is the stance on Gun issues only? Forget about taxes, healthcare etc...