Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Western seperation

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by pounder, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Yup, and Canada will buckle under the pressure and sell it to the US for whatever price the US deems fair. Canada is one of the few palces left in the world where fresh water is in a large supply.

The provinces and states located next to the Great Lakes have just signed an agreement not to let any outside forces ie, states and provinces not located next to the Lakes tap the the Lakes for water.

2. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

sjemac- well said and thanks- i also would not like to live with my in-Laws--nor hey with me but we like each other just fine.

3. tikka300

tikka300 Elite Refuge Member

Canada won't buckle under pressure by the US because there won't be any pressure. A clause in NAFTA gaurantees the US access to CDN natural resources - this clause allows US outfitters to outfit in Canada. But don't fret, Paul antichrist Martin will defend Canada...:rolleyes:

4. cahoun

cahoun Elite Refuge Member

I kind of like Bubbles for prime minister he makes everything so much clearer in his song then Martin do's with his statements :yes

5. meathunter

meathunter Senior Refuge Member

Ad heard on the radio this morning; (fm97.7 Grande Prairie)

Evergreen construction now hiring
    Site supervisors $950/day
    Foreman $750/day
    Welders $95/hr
    Laborers start at $18/hr

Our economy is booming and this has alot to do with the "we don't need you" attitude. Expect it to last, and likely stregthen in the next 10-15 years.

6. QuinteKev

QuinteKev New Member

Martin and his left wing pinko commies have gone too far this time spewing all their nut job policies. They have divided the country, and divided Ontario into urban vs rural. Toronto can separate along with Quebec and anyone else as far as I am concerned. Farmers are organizing around here to protest attacks on the rural lifestyle with large demonstrations and by driving their tractors to Ottawa in large numbers. Too bad the price of gas is so high.

7. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Really? They can just come in and take wantever they want? Since when did we become part of the US? I would think Canada would have a say in what the US does with our natural resources.

I'm sorry, I have a problem with some state from the southern US walking into Manitoba and dropping a pump into Lake Winnipeg because they need water and we can't do a thing about it.

Free trade screwing the future to make a buck today.

8. WildCanuck

WildCanuck Elite Refuge Member

the one thing that quebec has to offer canada is hydro!!! lol hopefully we can keep that that water protected and in Canada, not just Quebec, because you're all right, water is the oil of the future, but it will be soooo much more important than oil is to us now!!! and there is loads of fresh water here in Qc.....
    WildCanuck

9. tikka300

tikka300 Elite Refuge Member

They can't just come up and take what ever they want without the proper licencing, approval, etc. However, if access to a natural resource is made available to CDN companies it must also be made available to us companies. There are certain restrictions the provinces can place on it but in most cases access cannot be denied to yanks. This is only fair....both countries did sign NAFTA.....:rolleyes:

10. green hornet

green hornet Guest

the west is not going anywhere, when the rest of Canada was subsidizing the west for the last 75 years, why did they not talk about separation then. Just now in the last 10 years since the oil sands have become profitable are they talking this bull ****. First pay back all are tax subsidies on beef and softwood lumber and all the subsidies for all the farmers which will take about 100 years and then who ever still wants to separate from Canada,I will buy them a one way ticket to where ever they want that is not in Canada
    GOD BLESS CANADA