We've got a war developing in Ft. Bend county. County sheriff is saying citizens should arm...

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

It wasn't WalMart it was their properties and businesses.

One thing is for certain is if they did shoot a looter while looting they'd have taken one of the biggest dumb azzes out of the gene pool.

Not allowing looters to be shot opens up its own can of worms.

2. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I was speaking of the "ex-law-enforcement" individual video, in which he was not an owner of the property. While I would not condemn his actions, he was not a business owner.

I agree that in most cases, I would defend the actions of defending a business against looters... But there is a difference between looting during a catastrophe for food/water or shelter, and stealing a TV during political unrest. And there is a considerably amount of grey area in the middle.

And at what point do you open fire on a looter? Are you well-hidden, and sniping unsuspected looters, or are you giving ardent warnings, and opening fire to resistance? How exactly should the law read on shooting looters?

3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

There is no end to how antisocial an act may be that would prevent some from attempting to rationalize it. :l

Squaller likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

All hypothetical questions. Therefore I don't know.

5. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Squaller, business closed people entering bust a cap. No shooting in common areas like parking lots.
    Not hard.

6. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Guy running out of the store with a TV... Can you shoot him in the back if he does not stop?

How about people stealing food, water, or blankets during a catastrophe?

And, yes, I feel that people should have the right to protect their property and businesses against looting... I just do not think that it is as simple as it would seem...

I also feel that looting should incur more menacing charges than simply stealing, especially if the looting is not during a natural disaster. Make an example out of anyone that is caught, and make some degree of effort to catch them (especially with looting that takes place during civil protest).

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

In Texas the business or homeowner can. I have too much compassion for humanity to shoot someone in the back over a TV but I might shoot him in his azz.

8. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

actually, stealing of anything during a disaster is looting. look at what happened after the Galveston hurricane. if i remember (reading) correctly they used snipers and left (would be) looters to rot.

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Texas has enhancements to sentencing for looting and price gouging during disasters. Harvey ain't our first rodeo.

API likes this.
  10. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

If shooting someone stealing food from one potentially starving family/families to feed another family is a moral quandary to you based on race, sex, economics, etc....then you're not on the right logic page.