We've got a war developing in Ft. Bend county. County sheriff is saying citizens should arm...

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Sep 1, 2017.

1. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Interesting...

I say someone taking a tv from a home or Best Buy or wherever, or someone with as many boxes of Nikes as they can carry is not someone "just trying to feed his family".

The question is survival...is what you took (though still wrong) necessary for you literally to continue to survive? Water, food, camping out somewhere above the flood line...store is closed, but you need water, canned goods, dog food, whatever you can in order to live through the next few days. Twinkies, maybe?

Riots? Yeah...that's a mob mentality taking out their wrath on people usually totally disconnected from the event. I can argue on one hand that "stuff can be replaced", but I also know that a. insurance usually isn't nearly as good as people think it is and has plenty of loopholes like war, riots, acts of God, etc. and b. when the expenses of the family are paid by that business operating every day, protecting it is protecting your life and the lives of your family.

I come down on the public example side. People want to use a tragedy as an excuse? Green light. Let them lay.

2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

What you say is very accurate. Many people think small and mom and pop businesses just magically get a check from some government entity or some centralized bank somewhere.

So looting a store even for groceries in their opinion is OK. Looting houses and robbing people is OK because the looter robber feels justified in some balancing the economic status thinking.

Anyway...

3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

The slope gets slippery... If the prevailing logic justifying looting is survival of the fittest, then the logic of external (government) supports is out of scope. Too, defending personal assets to the degree required fits as an in kind response to the looting.

4. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

If it is, then shoot more looters. Does us all a favor. Do your part for your neighbors, as well.

API likes this.