What a resource!

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by Glendonboy, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Glendonboy

Glendonboy Elite Refuge Member

https://www.theretrievertrainer.com/

You should check it out. $60/year tons of videos. I joined, but no other connection

2. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

evan has one also. i would his over freddy. personal preference

3. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

I went on line to do a Goggle search of "retriever training flowcharts". Many came up and
    I printed out three (including the one mentioned by the OP)......free. There is very little
    difference. What is not the same is the "author".

Now when any one of those flowcharts is used by someone that is not experienced, the
    expectation of getting similar results is questionable. It is often said that it is possible to learn
    how to do something quickly by avoiding mistakes. Plan to avoid mistakes. Speed up the
    process and find a teaching mentor. Reading a sequence is easy. Teaching?..not so much.

4. Glendonboy

Did not know Evan had one. I get to start a new dog every 5 or six years, with this one being my 3rd. Having videos to reference and refresh my self with is awesome. Saves time and errors. I have probably $1K worth of training videos and books. Any look is good. When you think you know it all it is time to watch out has always been my view.

5. EvanG

EvanG Elite Refuge Member

I have a complete program: 3 books, 13 DVD's. I also have a You Tube channel with about 50 video clips, mostly taken from my library of DVD's. I also have two flow charts for separate sets of goals. Neither of my flow charts is a timeline because I don't believe in timelines. A flow chart should only be a general guide that helps trainers stay on a logical path of progression in skill development. Ask any questions you may have anytime.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

EvanG

Sodfather and choc24/7 like this.
  6. Glendonboy

Oh I have all of your stuff as well!