Big Game Hunting Forum Sponsors

What are the hunting plans for 2001

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by Tree, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Tree

Tree Senior Refuge Member

What are everybodys Big Game hunting plans for this year? I will be Archery hunting Mule deer here in Utah in August and I have a Wyoming Mule deer hunt planned in September. If I am unsucsessful on the Arcery hunt then I will hunt deer with the ML and Rifle here in Utah after that.

This will the first year in 12 years I have not hunted Elk someplace. I decided to dedicate my time in search of a big mule deer buck.

Good Luck to everybody on their hunts!!

Mark

2. lwingwatcher

lwingwatcher Elite Refuge Member

Must be nice...

My whitetail excursions are primarily limited to right behind my house in central Michigan farmland.

3. BRUNO

BRUNO Senior Refuge Member

I have a Caribou (woodland) license for this fall. I'm planning to hunt during the first week or November, just after the rut.I'm hunting an area near my home town St.Anthony, in northern Newfoundland.The area has some hilly terrain to the East there are patches or dense forest around, but I'll be shooting of a 'grassy null' overlooking a vast expanse of bog that always produces for me.. The weather will be nice and cool for walking, there are no flies,and not as much sweat as if I hunted before the rut in September. I don't know about Deer but the Caribou stags aren't fit to eat if you take them during the rut.

[ 07-29-2001: Message edited by: BRUNO ]

4. AK Dux

AK Dux Elite Refuge Member

The annual Dall sheep hunt middle of August, waterfowl all through Sept and Oct, moose for a week in Sept, wolf/griz if I see one in season, blacktail/seaducks in Kodiak Islands in Nov, and back down to Mexico for doves in January (oops that 2002).
    jjk

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: ]

5. DUCKBASTSRD

DUCKBASTSRD Refuge Member

Only deer hunting for me this year my only decision is weather to muzzleload or go mondern rifle (you have to Choose archery muzzleloading or modern rifle in Washington) If I go with the muzzleloader I will get alot better season and more time too chase ducks

6. SkyCarp

SkyCarp Senior Refuge Member

Ummm lets see, My state wont give me a Deer Tag because some out-of-state guy pays more than I do. So I wont be hunting deer in Colorado(I'll be going to Kansas instead).
    Might go buy an Elk Tag during the time between 1st & 2nd split season for Duck.

7. Blackhawk357

Blackhawk357 Senior Refuge Member

I'll be looking for that elusive 30" Muley, right out my back door here in South Eastern Montana.

Blackhawk :)

8. kywaterfowler

kywaterfowler Moderator Moderator

Most Northeastern part of Southeast Central Kentuc
    Plans this year are to get me a major wall hanger here in central Kentucky. I would like to also hunt hogs in Cumberland county.

This is what I am after:
    [​IMG]

The deer above was Kentucky's largest Black Powder kill last year and an all time record. It scored 189 3/8!

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: kywaterfowler ]

9. bullwidgeon

bullwidgeon Senior Refuge Member

Black Bear in early September for a 2 weeks on and off and then a coues deer hunt in late October. Other than that it will be predator calling for lions/bobcats/coyotes and waterfowl.