What are the main differences between the MVP and the Boss

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by jbrown, Dec 13, 2017.

1. jbrown

jbrown Elite Refuge Member

Tell me the main differences between the 2 calls. Thanks guys

2. jbrown

jbrown Elite Refuge Member

Why do you prefer one over the other call?

3. 50ducksnarow

50ducksnarow New Member

My 2cents I had them both and there comp calls there loud as hell the boss is loud and a little buzzy or raspier you can here it when you wailed on it or did a high ball good call though now the MVP is smooth loud and very controlled high ball to smooth feeding chuckle so I preferred the MVP my 2 cents.

4. Rickard

Rickard Refuge Member

I felt like my boss had a ton of back pressure and needed to be driven hard, even with a shortened reed to get a powerful highball. I also felt like you needed to blow really deep into it to get a ring on the lower register. It had a nice tone and I'm not a comp caller, but after running it side by side with my MVP, I chose to trade it for something else. The MVP still has some back pressure, but is much more user friendly and doesn't take the same air pressure requirements as the boss. Might have been that particular call that I didn't like andcould have easily sent it in for mods, but chose to forgo it as I don't comp call. If I ever did though, I'd choose my Alan Stanley deceiver. It's a lot better fit and runs smoother for me. It's also a freaking air raid siren

5. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I'm a RNT Ho', BUT I seem to be able to run my Boss better than my MVP even after I modified it after Jimbo tuned it. That Dude must have an air compressor for lungs! :yes

6. Wiscoduckhunt

Wiscoduckhunt Refuge Member

I personally feel that I can get way more bottom out of your average MVP than your average Boss. I have never had a special one with extra special mods for comps, I am comparing ones purchased new from Mack's and Cabela's. Boss I had was louder than my MVP. MVP just has more range and was easier to get more pitches .... Always felt for Boss to run right I had to.keep the pressure up.

7. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

MVP runs looser and has more rasp and built in duck. BOSS runs tighter and has more volume on the top end.