What are you shooting?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Tako, Dec 19, 2007.

What do you shoot?

1. Hoyt

14.1%
  2. Matthews

28.3%
  3. PSE

8.1%
  4. Martin

5.6%
  5. Browning

1.0%
  6. Bowtech

12.1%
  7. Other

30.8%
  1. brknaro

brknaro Refuge Member

I have shot a Mathews MQ1 since they first came out. Don't see a need to switch and I don't mind shooting the "outdated" equipment.

For bowfishing, it's another story. Hands down Oneida is the way to go. I own both a Talon and A Black Eagle. I use the Talon 90% of the time as it is set for lower pounds and is a little lighter. The BE is set for more pounds when the fish are a little deeper.

2. Icelander513

Icelander513 Elite Refuge Member

MQ1 is a great bow and always will be. I look at it like the MQ1 to bowhunting is like the Browning A5 to duckhunting.

3. kywaterfowler

kywaterfowler Moderator Moderator

Most Northeastern part of Southeast Central Kentuc
    I shoot a Martin Cheetah. I think Martin bows are the best bang for your buck.

4. goosehill77

goosehill77 Senior Refuge Member

Mathews Switchback XT:tu

Didn't know there was anything else to shoot, glad this post got started...
    I had never heard of the other brands:yes

5. Byrdhunter1

Byrdhunter1 Elite Refuge Member

Shooting a High Country Knight Force

6. steelheader

steelheader Elite Refuge Member

Bowtech Extreme.
    Spot Hogg
    Trophy Taker rest

7. MagTen

MagTen Senior Refuge Member

Mathews DXT @ 72 lbs.
    HHA single pin sight
    Whisker Biscuit

I just got it after shooting a Darton for seven years and its amazing!

Still have to buy the $100 Spider Claw quiver and may change over to a Trophy Taker rest.

MagTen

8. Icelander513

Don't overlook Alpine's soft-lock. Cheaper and deadens vibrations like no other quiver! Detachable and light too!

9. Humvee

Humvee Senior Refuge Member

Are you serious? So the MQ1 is the A5 of duck guns, but you slam Matthews in EVERY other post. Oh wait, I'm sorry, you slam Matthews shooters.

I love BOTH of my Matthews, and in particular, I like the grip, which you find so atrocious. And thier "accessories" that you also balk at...I have their Arrow Web on my Drenalin and have ZERO complaints.

Maybe you have to "justify" your purchases. Or perhaps you just have to feel better about yourself by slamming other people's opinion. If you read any of my posts when someone asks "which bow to buy" you will find I always end with "the one that fits YOU".

I am very happy with my Matthews, and if you ask me what I like, I'll tell ya, but if you tell me you would rather shoot a Hoyt, then I'm not about to pick it apart. Grab your Hoyt (or Bear, or whatever) and let's go loose some arrows. I don't care what my buddy is holding, as long as it's not an anti-hunting protest sign!

You say it's the Matthews shooters that are always running thier mouth off, but it seems you are the one that is a little big for your britches. With all of this "wealth of experience" that you seem to have, it seems to me you could provide a little more constructive input rather than criticism.

We are all bowhunters, right? Act like one.

10. Icelander513

Yes, I am serious. The reason I "slam" Mathews is because the haven't come out with any (noteworthy) new technology since the Q2; yet they still price their bows as high or higher then the other top-of-the-line bows. Doesn't make sense to me. They are well built bows, but they are a pain to tune correctly. If you do have one in proper tune, then you have a dream shooting bow and I applaud your bow technician.

Go ask any serious 3D or 3-spot shooter about a Mathews grip... post back up when you do.
    There are just as good of (or better) accessories out there for 1/3 the price. You are proud of having "ZERO" complaints about your $100 quiver??? Congrats!! Well I would hope you wouldn't be complaining!

#1. My purchases are justified by the joy that I experience in the field with God's nature and the beautiful animals that He allows me to harvest with my skills.
    #2. I never slammed anyones "opinion". I slammed Mathew's bigheads for thinking their siht don't stink. I actually applaud Mathew's marketing team for making believers out of people like you.
    #3. You're right, a perspective bow purchaser should buy the "bow thats right for him". I could have sworn this was the "What are you shooting?" thread and not the "What bow should I buy" thread. But high-five to you anyway.

Okay, thanks for sharing.

My "britches" fit just fine. If you are too busy ranting to notice... I make comments about Mathews shooters, for example, to get under the thin skin of guys like you. See it worked,, high five to me. Right?

I lost my copy of "The Bow Hunter's Code of Conduct on Public Duckhunting Forums" Do you have an extra copy Humvee??

Settle down big guy, you could blow an o-ring.