What Happened?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by takemrarely, Jan 1, 2018.

1. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

I was just reading an interview with Ed Rendell, former DNC chair, where he said Joe Biden was the only Democratic candidate that they could run who would beat Trump.

I found a comment at the end of the article that succinctly explains "What Happened?" with Hillary's failed run.

To be fair, I did not read her book, and I am sure that she has a different slant on this, but wanted to share the comment for discussion:

WHY HILLARY CLINTON LOST I still haven't figured out why she lost. Was it the Russians? or was it WikiLeaks? or was it Podesta? Or Comey? or was it a sexual predator husband? or was a staff's husband Wiener immoral pictures? was it subpoena violations? or was it the corrupt foundation? or was it the congressional lies? or was it the Benghazi bungle? or was it pay for play? or was it travel gate scandal? or was it whitewater scandal? or the cattle-gate scandal? Or the Trooper-Gate scandal? Or was it the $15 million for Chelsea's apt bought with foundation money? Or Comey's investigation? Or her husband’s interference with Loretta Lynch and the investigation? Or was it stealing debate questions? Was it forensically deleting 30,000 emails? Was it the Seth Rich murder? Was it calling half the USA **********? Was it the underhanded treatment of Bernie Sanders? Was it the Vince Foster murder? The Jennifer Flowers assault? The Jennifer Flowers settlement? The Paula Jones law suit? The $800,000 Paula Jones settlement? The lie about taking on sniper fire? The impeachment? The 6 billion $ she "lost" when in charge of the state dept? The 10 million she took for the pardon of Marc Rich? Gee, Just to think that she was the best candidate the Democrats could get. I just can’t quite put my finger on it, but it seems to be right in front of me.

I think that about sums it up.......

API, widgeon, blacktail and 2 others like this.
  2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I don't think she had the charisma Trump did/does. He can draw a crowd in a stadium where she apparently had difficulty filling a small arena.

That...and yes...the **********s comment I think alienated just enough voters. She named at least one if not more of the phobias, right or wrong, of almost every American voter including those that say they are not but are.

If Uncle Joe had run...I believe he would have won. He had that "Everything is going to be OK." appeal to him.

Hillary just gave the impression she was a Lincoln luxury vehicle with a wobbly wheel at 70 miles an hour.

Finally...IMOO...Obama damaged her with his American Apology Tour and again just enough mid-western voters saw her as another Obama elitist glorified hippie.

And the bottom line for many..."If you like your guns...you can keep your guns."...so to speak.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  3. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

It is indeed a great happy new year. Trump in office and not Hillary!

4. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Maybe because folks who accounted for a sufficient number of electoral votes didn’t buy into Hillary’s program.

double limit and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  5. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

I thought Hillary's program was Obama 3.0

Bear and API like this.
  6. double limit

double limit Elite Refuge Member

I have to agree.

[​IMG]

widgeon, Bear and API like this.
  7. API

Is that a shining example of our Founding Father's wisdom when they structured the electoral system in our Constitution or what?

WHUP ! Hen and Bear like this.
  8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Sorta like forming a republic instead of a democracy.

API likes this.
  9. API

...and the Founding Fathers got it right too. :tu

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Amen Brother...Amen.