Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

What happened............

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by seal, Oct 19, 2015.

1. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

To this place, it use to really be hopping. Now it looks like posts are few and far between.

2. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

Alot of people's live's have changed I am assuming, I don't near duck hunt as much as I use too, went from 80-90 days too maybe 20 each of the last 2 years, just the way life change's,
    Matt

3. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Not sure. I can tell you that the place doesn't seem the same with flash ads up and down the margins. I think these boards see generations of members who come, post for a while, and go. Maybe tired of hunting or tired of the bulletin board / social media thing. Only a few of us old timers stick around for the long haul.

Seems like the last couple of years the Idaho Forum on Duck Hunting Chat is much more lively, with a lot of guys from Southern Idaho posting up.

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Since there isnt as much to respond too, even those that check in a number of times a week then with nothing to add
    I think all types forums are slowing down.Facebook and phones are replacing time spent on forums.

For me archery season is now a big thing, With my daughters older, we rifle and archery hunt.
    Water fowling made for a great family style hunts, Then home in time for breakfast.
    While it has changed some of my posting, geese no longer molt migration where I hunted. And the filling in of three ponds and the draw down on others, I do not have migrant geese on another roost
    But I think Smart phones Facebook has taken most peoples time

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  5. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

More and more guys are starting to figure out that posting up reports is nothing but bad news. Stroke your ego for five mintues but in the end its stupid to give anybody even hints about hunting. If you don't believe internet scouting is real and that it affects your hunting then please pm me. I have a bridge I am trying to sell.....

And by the way its just not waterfowl hunting but pretty much every hunting and fishing board I used to visit. Just don't see a lot of reports anymore.....and I think that's a good thing.

6. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

There use to be alot of good information here beyond hunting reports. Even back in the day I never gave an accurate report. I feel sorry for the people that went where I told them we were hunting; unless they got luck, because it was always 50- 100 miles from where we were hunting:dv
    I know Matt has a point with the life changes. Heck, I think I went 3 times last year and maybe 10 the year before. Been busy getting kids off to college, HS sports, and trying to keep up with my 6 year old:z I have the bug this year though, so guess we will see what happens:tu

7. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

it is kind of interesting how things have changed on the forums over the past several years and how many years have gone by. I just don't have much to report most of the time, internet scouting has burned us all. It's not necessarily the members here, but the guests who come just to check things out. There are still plenty of reports on chat, guys thumping their chest, thinking they are only being generous with their own personal spots when in reality they are giving away information that hurts a lot of other hunters who are in the same area.

I hadn't posted much for a few years largely due to the fact that we had become a victim of our own popularity over the past several years with our decoy business and never hardly had the time to get out at all. Last year was the worst, only three hunts and not till January.

We took an opportunity to get out of the decoy business last spring so we could have more free time and get back to hunting. We haven't taken any orders for decoys since April and we are still trying to finish up all the remaining orders. We get requests daily to do more, but I'm looking forward to enjoying a lot more hunting this fall as well as spending more time with the boys and grandson.

8. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

It would be nice to hear some of those hunts!!

9. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

^^^^^This!!!^^^

10. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

What I'm looking for is guys reporting what they see and not specifically where the birds are. I'm in SW Idaho and that's all the more specific I need to hear. If birds are in SE Idaho that's nice to know about also. I have my spots though they often aren't great.