Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

What happened............

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by seal, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

I think the boards are still hopping but not in the state sections... I bs on the other boards... but Facebook has really killed messageboards... I am always on the bowfishing boards but also a member of 10+ facebook groups for that sport... but I do come and check out the refuge from time to time... the other duck hunting site always seems to have good threads going on the idaho section...

10Tenner likes this.
  2. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

[QUOTE="Seems like the last couple of years the Idaho Forum on Duck Hunting Chat is much more lively, with a lot of guys from Southern Idaho posting up.[/QUOTE]

That is true, but, if you look at the posts from the first weekend that area 1 opened up, several of the posters had issues with folks hunting fields that they used to have to themselves. Most folks that read the posts on that forum and know some of the folks, have a pretty good idea where most of those who post up hunt, or pretty darn close to it. I agree with IFSteve. Been burned before with internet scouters and met a few in the field just because some one decided to post up information about some of us that was way to personal and had to cut em off by moderators, but, it still affected the hunting.

Good luck to all though and hope everyone has a great fall.

3. northern

northern Elite Refuge Member

I still look from time to time, I to have been burned by the internet so I don't post much anymore. I will,say one thing though, this yearis on track to be one of the worst years for me by far. I don't know if it's the heat or what, just not seeing anything worth going after.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck Elite Refuge Member

I still keep an eye on the forum. Don't post much anymore.

5. perch head

perch head Senior Refuge Member

Agree also with IFSteve, had someone post up on the DU migration map exact locations. Talked to one of my farmer friends and he is only letting on locals, and by locals I mean within 20 miles, and the very few who have been hunting the property for years.

6. casey_714

casey_714 Senior Refuge Member

I'm still hunting every week, and sometimes look on here.. I'm just honestly not on my computer as much as I used to be. And when I am, I'm busy with my eBay store

7. Mikebig1

Mikebig1 Senior Refuge Member

always good to see the (regulars on here).. i too, just check in once in awhile.. to see who is who in here.. i have spent some time away from here. when i was working in portland for 4 years.. i just want to say, we have it good here, compared to portland.. to hunt birds there, you need to take a goose test, before you can hunt geese.. and that test aint easy! ... and all bird hunts on sauvie island are by a lottery system.. just a few examples.. of the red tape in oregon before you get to hunt...... we are all getting older here.. thats for sure.. just glad i am above ground.. and able to still chase some birds once in awhile..