What is an original Johnny Marsh call's value in today's market?

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Duck Killer from Tenn, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Duck Killer from Tenn

Duck Killer from Tenn Senior Refuge Member

What are Johnny's calls going for these days? Signed call value? Unsigned call value? checkered value? different woods have different values? etc. If you happen to have one pm me. Have more questions. Thank you

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

3. Duck Killer from Tenn

4. Duck Killer from Tenn

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I know nothing of them. Was hoping to hear a good story of one you had.

6. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I recently sold one in excellent condition (had not been hunted) that was signed for $500.00. Walnut barrel and cocobolo insert, not checkered.

7. Duck Killer from Tenn

that sounds too high for a newer one (it was signed) but again no one has PMed me that they had one sitting around the house they could sell me. Bound to be someone out there.

8. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Senior Refuge Member

https://www.callcollector.com/calls...-1915-1983-nashville-tn-walnut-duck-call.html
    I'd buy this one if I wanted one. At $405, it's cheaper than the one quoted above that sold for $500 (signed). That unsigned $405 was made by Marsh himself. One's that are are signed with the circle-r registered trademark graphic may or may not have been made by Johnny (but they are genuine Johnny Marsh calls). I think both prices are on the low side, but it is summer and all things duck hunting related are less expensive in summer than during the fall and winter.

9. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Senior Refuge Member

Found you another one: http://www.dalesdecoyden.com/calls.htm Ya gotta scroll down about half way down the page through 9 million Scobey calls to find this one.

Early Johnny Marsh Duck Call. Impeccably made, as were all Johnny Marsh's calls. A big Metal reed call, said by Mr Harlan, to be one of the finest metal reed calls ever made. Signed. (Several knowledgeable Johnny Marsh scholars have looked at it and concluded that someone took an early call to Johnny to sign in his later years and he did. The letter strokes are the same as his earlier signatures, but as we age our hand writing seems to degenerate. Compare your signature today with yours 20 or 30 years ago. The differences may surprise you, but your pen strokes will be similar. As such, this one is unique. Exc+ $550

10. Duck Killer from Tenn

Looking at it now- signature looks smeared to me