Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

What is up?

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by ML Racing Mules, Apr 14, 2014.

1. ML Racing Mules

ML Racing Mules Refuge Member

What is up? Seems like since the outfitting bill was signed everybody has vanished from the page.

Any body working on new nesting boxes? Any river clean up planned?

:)

2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Got geese setting on my boxes in SE Idaho, one pair has 8 eggs as of Saturday:tu
    There seems to be quite a few birds paired and not setting on one lake

3. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

One of the bigger cleanups in SW Idaho is this weekend. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/04/14/3134007/volunteers-needed-for-april-19.html?sp=/99/110/

I'm not sure if goose nest box maintenance got done in SW Idaho this year. We were doing it every year one week after the season closed and everybody was rested, but now that would be after Feb. 1st and the feds won't let you on the islands after then without a special permit.

4. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

Good one......:l

5. ML Racing Mules

I was just asking what was up for activities to help out the waterfowl, not looking for a blasting.:)

6. northern

northern Elite Refuge Member

Talked to a few property owners about this guiding issue. They told me that if someone wanted to guide on there property that they would be thrown off the porch. They also said that they would not help the fish and game with anything after being screwed over by them for many years. One owner even took me over to look at all his winter wheat that was flooded because the fish and game put in a Gate to back up water on one of there WMA's and flooded out his field and all the F&G said was sorry my bad.

7. ML Racing Mules

I found this on Fish and Game web page. It would be nice to attend if I was going to be in the area next weekend.

Greater Idaho Falls international migratory bird day is Saturday, May 17th

If you happen to be one of the nearly 47 million Americans that enjoy bird watching then you are in luck because you have a chance to enjoy International Migratory Bird Day a second time on Saturday, May 17. Because of our relatively colder climate, the Upper Snake River celebration has traditionally been held a week after the international event, so double the birding fun for everyone!

This year the base of operations will be the Ducks Unlimited Market Lake Ranch outside of Roberts, Idaho. The ranch is located west of Interstate 15 and is accessed by exiting at Roberts and heading north.

All sorts of activities are planned for the day, ranging from tours at Idaho Fish & Game's Market Lake Wildlife Management Area and the Camas National Wildlife Refuge, to classes on how to attract birds to your backyard and carve decoys. Tours are limited in size and number, so reservations are required.

A special treat will be a live raptor presentation by the Teton Raptor Center and a free lunch will also be provided.

For more information and to sign-up for tours call Rob Cavallaro at 208-525-7290.

8. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

Don't know if I'm helping the waterfowl or not but we have been stacking up the carp... every time I pull out of lake Lowell I am thanked for helping with the carp problem...lol...

9. ML Racing Mules

Please support this event. There are a lot of local folks supporting and helping out this event.:clap

Jacob, good job on whacking the carp:clap

10. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

Bird watching? How about some bird hunting during duck season and upland game season?

Oh wait...