Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

What is your favorite duck mount?

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by DWB5, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Brad's Birds

Brad's Birds Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Were it not for the Mallard duck, I highly doubt you would even have the opportunity to hunt ducks. "they are everywhere" which is why there is a duck season and why we should be thankful. This, mind you coming from a fairly hard-core diver hunter. There would be no $150 neon-colored duck calls, Wetlands camo, nor the plethora of Chinese-made plastic fake ducks. No multi-million dollar leveed and flooded corn fields, Chocolate labs or Benelli's.......... No discussions such as this.

Honestly, greater than half my business is dedicated to mounting Mallards. Without them, I would be out of business. I read somewhere that they are the perfect duck.....made to hunt, eat and mount. Tell the 12 year old holding his first fat green-head it isn't worth mounting. Maybe their "everywhereness" can be viewed as a down-side to some. They are so common that their colors, size, shape, table-fare etc....tend to be over-looked by those fortunate enough to have a substantial number of birds to hunt.

2. DWB5

DWB5 Senior Refuge Member

Thank you for saying that. I don't won't this thread to turn in to a bashing of someone's work or idea of what a good mount is. I just wanted people to show off and to be proud of what they have. And to let others see them and to get ideas from others.

3. iaduckhunter

iaduckhunter Refuge Member

4. iaduckhunter

DSCF5227.JPG 2015-07-09 18.28.20.jpg They are all my favorite with their own memory.

stevena198301 and DWB5 like this.
  5. DWB5

I can see why. Do you sea duck hunt a lot?

6. DWB5

20170201_081354.jpg 20170201_081223.jpg
    Here is a couple more of my favorites.

7. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

Didn't intend to ruffle any feathers!!! All I was saying is that I couldn't spend that much money mouthing a bunch of mallards like that, it's a awesome mount no doubt and who ever mounted that has talent and I'm sure the man who owns the mount is happy. I know that green heads are what most duck hunters want to kill and that's great I was just expressing my opinion on a bunch of mallards. Me personally I diver hunt and also puddle hop I will kill on when he flys in no doubt. Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings on them this thread is about the mounts and everyone I have seen looks great.

8. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

I'm a digital taxidermist...

[​IMG]

9. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

put that in a shadow box and there is a money maker for a taxidermist now the gun might cost a little extra that's awesome

10. iaduckhunter