What is your favorite lure for largemouth bass?

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by FEEDERCHUCK, Mar 10, 2003.

1. FEEDERCHUCK

FEEDERCHUCK Senior Refuge Member

Lookin to see what everyone's favorite bass lure around the country. Mine is a black buzzbait in the summer just before dark in calm water. My heart starts pumpin alittle faster whenever I pick it up and start throwin it. The bass explode on it and sometimes I have to not watch the bait because I set the hook so fast that I sometimes pull it away from them.

FC

2. 3-1/2in.steel

3-1/2in.steel Elite Refuge Member

My favorite to use is a Zara Spook 3 1/2 in.....:D nothing like a topwater hit!

My most productive...Texas rigged 7-1/2 in. power worm in red shad or tequilla sunrise.;)

3. cball

cball Guest

I don't have a favorite but I throw 3 1/2 in tubes a lot.If they dont work I'll go to something else..

4. drakegunner

drakegunner Elite Refuge Member

Tubes, tubes, and did I forget to mention tubes. I absolutely love em. Skip'em under docks. jig in deep water. work a drop off flip into heavy cover. I can fish all day long with one rod and a bag of tubes if I have to.

5. Texas Bill

Texas Bill Elite Refuge Member

Being a Lab man, I like to walk the dog as much as the next guy. But I love to throw a Pop-R next to an old log as the sun's coming up and I'm sip'n a hot cup of coffee. Give it a littel twitch and see who comes a call'n.

On Fork, Ray Roberts and Sam Rayburn, I flip a Texas rigged brush hog in ruby, watermelon, and "I can't tell you".:p
    TB

6. QUACKHEAD007

QUACKHEAD007 Elite Refuge Member

well in the early spring i flip jigs and pork rinds or black and blue lizards..........spawn i throw tubes and crakbaits or slugos..........then summer i throw slugos, lizards, buzzbaits, and baby1 minus's..............fall i throw lizards, jig n pigs, or crawdads

7. Duckshot69

Duckshot69 Elite Refuge Member

It would have to be a Zoom floating worm rigged texas style . I prefer to throw plastic over hardbaits anyways . But any kinda topwater plug like a bang o lure or a pop R are great also .

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander Elite Refuge Member

I like crankbaits and Carolina Rigs.

9. chris schultz

chris schultz Senior Refuge Member

I haven't fished for Bass in years but when I lived in Mississippi my favorite lure for them was a Jitterbug. Nothing like throwing one of those things at night and hearing the splash when the fish hits.

10. WNE Driver

WNE Driver Elite Refuge Member

6 - 8" Worm Texas rigged. If the cover dictates, I will peg it and get out the needle for a little air. A little in the middle and near the tail so it will sit nose down and just barely sink...Dem big ol' toads just hate that and will crush it!

If I am going for numbers or covering alot of water, light colored spinner baits are the choice, especially during midday.

When the gets lower, Wood Walkers, Dalton Specials and Zaragossas are deadly. 3 1/2, if you like Zara Spooks, you would love the orginall Zaragossas. They can literally walk circles around a spook with a good fast action rod and a little practice.;)

The Driver