Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

What kind of calls you guys using?

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by NJChessie, May 28, 2003.

1. NJChessie

NJChessie Senior Refuge Member

What kind are you guys using here in GA? Seeing if maybe there is something different out there. I have echo comp made out of corian, echo open water, swampthing timber acrylic, taylor talker, in acrylic and delrin(really like the delrin), a lil'lakes acrylic, a 6-1 whistle, duck commander drake whistle and a tim grounds half-breed, not that there are many mallards here but the way I figure it is... not duck hunting without a mallard call on lanyard, besides I have an acrylic problem, can't just have one:D

2. Steven C.

Steven C. Senior Refuge Member

I use a double reed made by Sure-Shot, a single reed "knight and hale", A knight and hale goose call, And a "Quaker Boy Shaker call"

3. agbps

agbps Senior Refuge Member

Bet those Dock Ducks at Lanier love the shaker call....:p

4. Steven C.

you bet ur butt they do.....:D

5. kontekontos

kontekontos Elite Refuge Member

I have an Rnt and a wiley single reed.

I personally like the wiley duck call better than most of my other calls. It is the call that i have called more ducks in with.

konte

6. NJChessie

NJChessie Senior Refuge Member

Wiley calls, are they the ones that are flexible? I hear they don't hold their tune? I just picked up another foiles timber rattler and a doc hull suzie, expecting a giant killer next week in black and ivory, can't wait to try that one, been using a half-breed for many years now, be hard to take that off my lanyard

7. River

River Senior Refuge Member

I heard you can makeyour own shaker calls for those dock ducks. Just fill up a milk jug about 1/4 of the way with corn and shake. You can also flag them in by putting a bread bag on the end of a stick. Gets them every time! ha! ha!

8. agbps

agbps Senior Refuge Member

River, :l

GA Chessie, I recently bought a Doc Suzie Timber Call in tulipwood with a Blackwood insert. Really like it (alot) What material is your call made of?

Other favorites are-

Gaston Mallard Green Acrylic single reed
    Greg Hood Bourbon and Water single reed
    RNT Cocabola Single Reed- 20+ years old... deadly
    RNT Steelshot short barrel
    Olt D-2 keyhole cut and tuned by the infamous Lester Capps of Dewitt,AR (best timber call made -ever .... my opinion and hundreds of dead greenheads would back me up-if they could).

My nickel's worth...

AG

9. Steven C.

I just wanna clear one thing up, Lake lanier is not a dock duck lake. Yeah sure you can go out on lanier in the summer time and feed the ducks right beside the docks. Those are usually just the resident population, If you hunt there during hunting season, you will not see any of these so called "dock ducks", lake lanier is a difficult lake to hunt, and it aint as easy as drivin up to a dock and shootin. They wont even get close to people during hunting season. Just my 2 cents, me being a person who actually hunts the lake.