Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

What kind of calls you guys using?

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by NJChessie, May 28, 2003.

1. River

River Senior Refuge Member

Steven C.,

I feel your pain on the "dock ducks". The same thing holds true up here on Lake Allatoona and Lake Guntersville. As soon as the season rolls around all the ducks disappear! Most of the time the best call to blow at the ducks up here is my 6-1 Buck Gardner mallard drake. I also have a Primos Original Winch and Timber Winch, and a dual tone black Haydels that the writing has come off so I don't know what it is. For geese its the Big River Long Honker.

2. GH101

GH101 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

You the man, I just figured it out, I see, I see ;)

3. svalmand

svalmand Senior Refuge Member

I like RnT Original and Short Barrel and Duck Commander for Gadwall, Woodies. For geese I like Grounds half breed supreme and Keats Shaman in acrylic. Also Grounds guides best flute.

4. Sling

Sling Refuge Member

Sureshot/yentzen (15 years, rebuilt once) and Haydel for open water, ECHO and RNT for timber, and a Big River Woodie. For geese I like my Glynn Scobey.
    As you can tell, I'm not real big on "expensive calls".

5. agbps

agbps Senior Refuge Member

I ordered two more calls from Doc Hull last week.

One for a birthday present for myself.

Told Doc how much I wanted to spend and asked it be tuned to Timber..... He gets to surprise me with the selection of material.

The thing I really appreciate about "high dollar" calls is that the craftsmen that build these works of art use their god given talent and take a block of wood and turn it into a masterpiece.

You don't get that from a piece of plastic. (I have a bunch of those and they don't thrill me nearly as much as a custom call.)

I look forward to receiving my next Doc call(s).

AG

6. NJChessie

NJChessie Senior Refuge Member

Agbps the first step is to admit you have a problem:l I have the same problem, see you at the meetings:D

7. Bandchaser

Bandchaser Guest

Ag, based off your ranting about Doc's calls, i have a Doc Hull acrylic goose call on the way.

Should be in the mailbox today or tommorow.

8. bjones

bjones Senior Refuge Member

I like the Gaston calls myself especially the timber model. Echo is also a good call.

9. BerettaAL390

BerettaAL390 Guest

I love my "Cajun Squealer" by Haydel. I also use a "cheapie" Echo but it sounds good. But my go to call has to be my Swampthing acrylic.

beretta:D

10. jbrown

jbrown Elite Refuge Member

I use a Gaston Ivory Acrylic field call, a Triple-M cocabola, a DC drakecall and a DC Pintail- Wig. call. During early Teal, I use a DC or a Haydel Bluewing call and the whisle. Jim