what kinda speeds with a 35 hyper

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by HoytHitman, Jun 28, 2005.

1. HoytHitman

HoytHitman Senior Refuge Member

what kind of speeds do yall think i could get with a 35 hyper on a 20x44 gatortrax, mudbuddy edition. 21" transom and 23" gunnals.

2. Cajun_in_GA

Cajun_in_GA Senior Refuge Member

id say 20 -25 not loaded down.

3. Auto

Auto Banned

damn that's a big boat. :eek: drop a little, get some short sides and a transom, and you can fly :yes

4. Billcollector

Billcollector Senior Refuge Member

With that big of a boat we would lower the gear ratio, and you won't get as much top end, but you will be able to get that big barge on step. If you are dead set on a huge boat , and you are concerned with speed, you will be interested in the performance mods we are doing. PM me if you are interested.

5. bubby864

bubby864 Elite Refuge Member

i would look hard at the 1844 or 1850. those boats are are a lot bigger than you think. with my 1850 with a ton of add ons and 35 hyper i get about 28 tops. loaded with me and 2 others i get about 24-25.

6. Duck-n-Fool

Duck-n-Fool Senior Refuge Member

I like the 50" boat to just not the high sides!

7. Rail

Rail Elite Refuge Member

20' x 44" isn't THAT big... Do the math... It's actually got less area than my 1760... Stumpgrinder is running a 2044 skiff and he scoots right along...

8. dead animal

dead animal Elite Refuge Member

i would expect the 35hyper on a 20x44 gatortraxx to run about 25-28mph empty, at least that's what i'd guess from watching several differernt 35hypers run.
    we usually run pretty close [i've got a 20'x44" skiff with a 32pd] in the deep and in the skinnies. sumtimes i'm faster and sumtimes their faster. same goes for the gatortails. and yea, their are sum guys ur never gonna outrun cuz they got their rigs tweaked for max performance. but the average guys with stock equip will run prettyclose.
    the speed thing is overrated in my opinion anyway, what matters is how the mudmotor does in the goop, dat's where the real test is :tu

notice the strain on my face in dis pic :no

9. Nab

Nab Banned

Don't know about the hyper, but the GD 35 will run over 25mph on a 2056 GD boat with 3 people - I would expect at least that.

10. haphazard

haphazard Elite Refuge Member

There is a lot of bull floating around here! Been in some boats and they are certainly not as fast as mine and I am not as fast as most.