What next?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by quackadikt, Feb 20, 2012.

1. quackadikt

quackadikt Elite Refuge Member

Finally got a yote rifle this past weekend. Bought an older 700 in .243 and topped it with a nikon 3-9x40 prostaff BDC. Don't have any calls. I want a foxpro, but since I just bought the rifle, I'll probably stick with a couple of mouth calls. Here are my questions.

1) what kind of calls would you recommend? I was thinking about some Haydels rabbit calls.

2) ammo choice? Thought I would use the Hornady 58gr customs.

3) what other kind of accessories should I look at?

Thanks guys.

2. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

I like Andersons calls..hes part of the Primos team last I heard.

I shoot reloads with target powder and 72 grain speers that shoot awesome for me.

Them .243's shoot deadly and consistant. You should be able to pop them from a sitting position with the pole cat shooting brace @ 3-400 yards. (depends on shooting ability and how its sighted in)

as far as other accessories, woodsman ship is the best thing you will take hunting..

3. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

Now it time to do a little reading....you might want to start at PredatorMaster.com.:)

4. quackadikt

quackadikt Elite Refuge Member

Just joined at PM. Lots of good info over there. I bought some remington 80gr PSP for right now. There is a company in town that sells reloads and custom reloads cheaper than factory ammo, so I might get them to cook me something up with a heavier vmax(heard the 58gr tear them up really bad) once I run out of the psps. I bought two Haydel's calls and a short trigger stick monopod. Hopefully I'll get to sight her in this week and can get out within a week or two. I'm pretty excited to get started chasing thee things.