Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

What Route

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Honker Ace, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

You're going to have a toll between Indiana and Chicago, I forget the amount its not terrible, not like Northeast turnpikes.

Word of caution, if you hit Chicago at the wrong time it will eat up 2+ hours. Locals can give you more info but by wrong time I mean anytime between 7am and 8pm. Midday might be ok. I debated going the north route from VA on my way home for the scenery, I was exhausted on the way back and solo so I stayed south. I kind of wish I had done it as I will probably not have the opportunity again.

Do not plan to buy ammo in Illinois. The route through Il, WI, MN, SD, ND seems to have a Cabelas or Rogers every 200 miles or so.

If you plan to spend a night in Grand Forks, check the college hockey schedule, all hotels will be booked if it is a region match up, or maybe stop in for a game.

2. buddyb01

buddyb01 New Member

No disrespect to gdluck's experience, just trying to keep it in perspective. The Mac bridge is open 99.9% (rough calc) of the time. I would attribute his experience to bad luck, just like hitting a deer or getting a flat tire. Possible, but not very likely. Point being, I wouldn't reroute my trip to avoid the Mac bridge being closed......