What to do with hot peppers?

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by duckmauler, Jun 15, 2006.

1. BuckeyeDuck

BuckeyeDuck Elite Refuge Member

There's a bunch of good ones here...I like to browse them and come up with ideas. If you make anything with any amount of Habaneros use some fresh pineappple or mango pureed to balance it out...one recipe I used a whole entire pineapple to balance out about 20 habs and a bunch of other assorted red peppers cooked up, spiced, salted and then canned...

Enjoy
    http://www.pepperfool.com/recipes/hotsauce_idx.html

2. GoldBirdDog

GoldBirdDog New Member

The way i like to eat jalapeno peppers is with a slice of blue cheese and a cracker. M..M.. Good.

3. 3drahthaars

3drahthaars Elite Refuge Member

1) I put Jalopenos and cayennes in my bread-n-butter pickles.

After a couple of months the warmth kicks in and you get a nice blend of sweet and hot.

They are so good that you will want to slap your momma in the face! (an old Louisiana expression).

2) I also have a recipe for stuffed Jalopenos:

Fry up a stick of chorizo sausage to be crisp. Drain grease, and place in a mixing bowl. Add, cream cheese, about a 1/2 block and blend with the warm chorizo.

Clean out jalopenos and stuff with the cheese/sausage mixture and grill until the peppers blister.

Good luck,

3drahthaars

4. HIGHBALLS

HIGHBALLS Elite Refuge Member

Here's a hot pepper recipe for some sick humor.

Take a habanero, crush it in a surgical gloved hand, and rub it on the doorknob of the men's room at a bar or at work.

A friend of mine did this at a bar while I was present. I was lucky. He told me beforehand! While I thought it was kinda mean spirited, but I must admit that the agonized looks on the faces of the unfortunate, were PRICELESS!!! Most of them were doing a dance shortly after exiting the bathroom. Some were restrained, but in a sweat. All were headed for the door at high speed.

HIGHBALLS

5. Jimbob

Jimbob Elite Refuge Member

Cute friend...would result in a serious arse kicking, if not a cutting around here!

6. OHTodd

OHTodd Senior Refuge Member

I cook most of my Banana Peppers Italian style as listed before or Pickled. I dry most of my hot peppers and experiment making my own spice mixes. I do alot of different things with Jalapenos but have found one good and EASY recipe.

The hard part about using Jalapenos is gutting them whole.

For this recipe just cut them in half long ways and take a teaspoon and rake out the seeds. Leave the stem on if you like. Brown your favorite sausage with some onion and drain. Add fresh chopped tomato and some shredded cheddar cheese to the sausage after it cools a little and mix it all together. Put enough cheese in to hold everything together once it is melted, besides you can't have enough cheese. Take a teaspoon full and fill each Jalapeno half and place in a baking dish. Throw them in to a oven at 350 until they start to droop (about 15 minutes). Pull them out and let them cool a little if you can wait that long. These things are great and don't last long.

Todd