what type of broadheads do you use

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by buckshot Tx, Jun 14, 2007.

1. buckshot Tx

buckshot Tx Senior Refuge Member

i shoot stingers and like them so far.

2. Bigdaddy Marshrat

Bigdaddy Marshrat Senior Refuge Member

I have been shooting vortec for the last 15 or so years. I was shooting the .125 but switched to the .100 last year. I have never had any fail to open and I hunt in a brackish marsh.

Warren

3. weatherby

weatherby Moderator Moderator

Rage 2 blades

4. RETRO

RETRO Elite Refuge Member

Simmons landSharks 125 grain with bleeder blade..

5. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

Been shooting Rockies but going to try Slick Tricks. Been hearing great things about them.

6. RETRO

RETRO Elite Refuge Member

Ruff.I tried slick tricks last year..They flew great and true..I jsut put hem on my arrows I did not tune them at all.And where dead on..No for the bad part..They hissed BAD:eek: ..From the side you heard it from the back you heard and from out front you heard...I taped it with the video camera sitting on top of my block and you can hear it coming..I put the slicktrick on the arrow all differnt ways to see if that would take the hissing out..It would not..I tried feathers,vanes of different makes...All hissed..I sold them and went back to LandSharks...

7. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the info!! The Rockies have worked great for me for many years. But every now and then a guy get's a hair up his arse and needs to try something else :yes Guess I'll stick with the Rockies :tu

8. NDTerminator

NDTerminator Elite Refuge Member

With my Traditional bows I shoot Magnus 2 blades. With my compounds I shoot Easton Outfitters T2's or Wasp Hi Tech Cam Loks, both in 100 grains.
    Both of these match POI.

I really like those little T2's. They are a slick little non-replacable blade head that fly great, tune up nice, and don't break the bank. I about cleaned out Wal Marts in two towns during their post season clearance. Averaged $5.00 a three pack for them. I flat out refuse to pay $10+ each for broadheads!...

If I ever run out of T2's and Wasps, I'll use NAP 100 grain Thunderheads...

9. Detoff

Detoff Elite Refuge Member

I'm shooting Wac 'em 100s. I put one right through a deer's spine last season, the deer fell over on it and ground it into the dirt and rocks. The arrow was toast, the blades were toast, but the ferrule was still straight. New set of blades and it's good to go. I also keep a couple of rocket aerohead buckblaster's in my quiver for turkeys. Haven't tried them yet so I don't have a report, but they should put a huge hole in a turkey.

10. ghak99

ghak99 Elite Refuge Member

Nothing but 3 blade Muzzy's:tu