what type of broadheads do you use

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by buckshot Tx, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Cut em' all Jack

Cut em' all Jack Elite Refuge Member

G5 Strikers 100gr.

2. goosehunter2118

goosehunter2118 Elite Refuge Member

How sharp are they? I have been thinking about going to them, but I don't know if there is a broadhead as sharp as a muzzy out there right now...

3. Puck Hunt'r

Puck Hunt'r New Member

Shot Thunderheads for years with good results, but got a new bow this year, so switched it up and changed heads...going with RAGE 2 blades. From what I heard and seen, they are devastating.

4. BIGDOG

BIGDOG Senior Refuge Member

SlickTricks, 100gr. mags....

5. Cut em' all Jack

Cut em' all Jack Elite Refuge Member

As sharp as any other broadhead out there. I wouldn't want to be shot by one. :no

6. steelheader

steelheader Elite Refuge Member

I shoot them as well as the slick tricks. They are damn sharp. I shot muzzys in the past and they are great broadheads but I don't think they are near the braodhead as the G5 Strikers. Just awesome. Cut on contact design.

7. OsageOr22

OsageOr22 Senior Refuge Member

From a man named Trailboss off of Texasbowhunter dot com.

"I am a Killer:

I am a killer! It is what I was born to do. Killing is my very reason for being. Some are born to be target shooters, happy to shoot paper or 3D targets, but not me. I was built to kill.

I want to shoot targets and 3D and have even done so on occasion. I want to be happy with that, but it’s just not for me. I have to kill! Practice blades do nothing for me. I must have razor sharp blades and hardened tips.

Driving into foam targets or bales of straw does not satisfy me. I must have flesh and blood and bone. It is built into me. I must have it. I must hear the bones ****ter and feel the flesh ripped apart. I must taste the blood for I am a killer!

I cannot be happy to wander down paved trails only to take aim at a block of foam. That is no life for me. I need to be in a tree, deep in the woods. I need the wind in my face. I need to feel the tension gathering in the bowstring and see the heaving chest of a big whitetail buck that is to be my target.

I need to feel the arrow lurch as the string is released and see the big buck drop to try and miss my hardened steel tip. I anticipate this and lower my flight to thwart his efforts. I am too fast for him – he cannot escape – I am a killer!

I must feel my head slam into his ribs and my blades slice through his lungs. I must see the warm blood covering the arrow shaft and soaking the feather fletching. I must see the big buck stagger and fall.

Only then is my job is done. Only then is my life complete. For I am a broadhead. My name is Muzzy – and I am a killer!"

8. LV2HUNTGEESE

LV2HUNTGEESE Senior Refuge Member

RAGE 3 blade 100 grain AWESOME baby:tu

9. fowldreams

fowldreams Elite Refuge Member

3 blade Muzzy 125's

10. jumpem

jumpem Elite Refuge Member

125 Shuttle T-locks:tu