What type of caller do you use?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by Big Dan, Jan 29, 2005.

What type of caller do you use?

1. Electronic caller

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Hand call- closed reed

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Hand call- open reed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. other

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Big Dan

Big Dan Senior Refuge Member

What type of caller do you use and why? We can only use electronic caller in private land, and I hunt mostly public, so I use hand calls
    I used to use close reeds, but started using open reeds and haven't turned back because of the versatility that they afford.

2. brn2hnt

brn2hnt Elite Refuge Member

All of the above. When I specifcally go out for coyotes i take the e caller but I keep the other 2 in my pack all the time.

Mike K.

3. Mike Rathnow

Mike Rathnow Senior Refuge Member

When I go out it's usually for the whole day or night. So I pack all my calls with me. which includes open reed, close reed, diaphram, squeakers, and my e-caller. A lot of time I'll run into others out hunting and I ask them how they're doing and what calls they're using. Then I work accordingly from there. And move away and hunt a different area.

4. AL-IA

AL-IA Senior Refuge Member

I use both hand and elect. calls. There is some cool sounds I can get from my open reed hand calls that aren't on elecetronic calls. AL-IA

5. applevalleyjoe

applevalleyjoe Refuge Member

When I go out I take both my CASS CREEK electronic caller as well as my hand held CIRCE P-1, P-2, and SQEAKER; SCEERY AVG-1; and MAD CUSTOM CHERRY COYOTE HOWLER. You never know what'll work best.

6. pyle762

pyle762 Elite Refuge Member

All the above. I use a JS 512, a Cass Creek caller, squekers, diaphrams, open reed, and closed reeds, plus lip squeeks and whatever other noises I can make that sounds like something that a critter would eat.

7. BamaDuck

BamaDuck Senior Refuge Member

I also like to use a variety, but my new foxpro has spoiled me :yes . My pack is full of about every call type imaginable however...

8. NDTerminator

NDTerminator Elite Refuge Member

I use em' all, but my go-to lanyard has a Sceery closed reed jack, coarse cottontail, and squeaker...