What weights do you use

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by cholt, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Nice----yur lucky !
    For my shallow water 6 foot cords in the rice & vegetation I use 4 oz TANGLEFREE torpedos
    On my deep water (No vegetation) 12---15 foot decoys, I use the (6 oz?) flat strap anchors.
    Tailor what you use, to your exact needs.

Ringbill

2. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

That’s the best thing about these you can use these for any application had them in saltwater last year too and no problem and not rusting not exactly sure what kind of coating they have but they have something anyways just seeing what others have come up with I know if you buy the decoy weights they really like their products cause the price shows eBay for crimps and weed eater cord with enough to last for years lol

3. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Thanks, cholt. That's what I had envisioned. They look like they are heavily hot-galvanized, which is why they resist rusting so well.
    Since they seem to have an infinite lifespan, why does your work just throw them away??

4. cholt

We do not use them we they come off fiber glass guy breakers that we attack guys to power poles there is actually pin that goes thru them when I get back after the holiday I will take a pic of the rods

5. cholt

The round piece I use is removed from where the pin is we remove them to use the anchor that’s attached to pole here you can see the rod and the pole anchor the round piece here is actually attached to the anchor the fiber rod has the pin thru it where the little donut was and has to be removed to attach to anchor 9585C58C-BCA7-43F5-9019-5DDE6F47D8EF.png