Whats the strangest thing you ever caught?

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by roscoe, Jun 16, 2003.

1. DUCKGOD

DUCKGOD Elite Refuge Member

seen a body caught by my podnuhs dad and have hooked several gators...... they fight, and i guess a red coronet fish they are weird.

2. Mallardtone-man

Mallardtone-man Refuge Member

Ive caught huge softshell and snapper turtles, clams, frogs, a sea gull, a pelican, a duck, and all manner of fish. The strangest fish ive ever caught had to be a sea robin (in NC), or a snake fish (florida).

3. MBDUX

MBDUX Elite Refuge Member

I always fished an area of my favorite lake, and snagged at the same tree stump. This time I was flipping for bass with 50lb test line at the same spot and snagged again. With a little effort, I was able to work it loose from the bottom. A 1970s model Magna troll trolling motor. Foot control and all. Cleaned it up and put it on my duck boat.

4. TAZ

TAZ Senior Refuge Member

My friends ear. Didn't fight much but sure screamed a lot.

5. cras

cras Elite Refuge Member

My strangest would be snagging a gator. It got free before it came close enough to bother. When I pulled my spotlight out, I was surrounded by eyes. I thought I was hearing nutria.

Did anybody actually catch one of those snake fish that made the papers last year?

6. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

I caught a big gray squirrel in California once, a few snapping turtles and last year in West Va I got a snag and when I got my hook lose it looked like a big clump of red hair...Needless to say that was the last cast in that spot!

YL03

7. tuxtyro

tuxtyro New Member

Caught an alligator gar in VA last year but it shook the hook just as I got it to the boat. I wasn't real depressed about that. Ugliest fish I've caught is a toad fish in the James River. Feels like a bucket of mucus. I've also caught an anchor - our own. Croaker swam around the line and I thought I had a great fish. Fought that anchor for 15 minutes....

8. mikeee

mikeee Senior Refuge Member

Easy now, we have real pretty toad fish in Va., you just need to hold your rod just right to catch them.

9. tuxtyro

tuxtyro New Member

Mikee - that's a frightening thought. As far as I'm concerned with toad fish, the proper way to hold the rod is several states away where the slimy things don't show up....

10. father goose

father goose Senior Refuge Member

My boys got a kick out out of seeing me reel up a piece of lava rock.
    Pulled in one of those white road markers put up quite a fight .