What's up with Parker bows?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by samson, Jul 15, 2005.

1. fallriver

fallriver Senior Refuge Member

My bow shop sells Parkers and they have been trying to talk me into getting one. They seem like real nice bows, but like was mentioned earlier, I don't think they do near the advertising as Matthews or Hoyt or etc. That usually translates into cheaper prices :tu Plus most guys go for name brand, I go with what puts deer on the ground.

B.T.W. - I shoot an Oneida Eagle :clap

2. NOVADUCK

NOVADUCK Senior Refuge Member

I'm very new to bow hunting but tried a wide assortment and got the Parker EZ Draw and it's great. Very easy to shoot tight groups at 25 - 30 yards. That 80% let off is a great feature. Parker is a solid Virginia company - the brand is not was well advertised but it as good value when you get the package deal.

3. TFish

TFish Senior Refuge Member

I've been looking at the Parker Hunter-Mag. Anyone familar with this bow? Thanks!

4. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

TFish,

I looked at the Hunter-Mag last year when I was thinking about buying a compound. It's a nice entry level bow, but I heartily recommend that if you can afford to step up to the Parker EZ-Draw or Phoenix 34, etc, do it. They are much better bows for not too much more $$'s. They're lighter weight and smoother.

5. easymoney

easymoney Senior Refuge Member

I too have a Parker bow. Mine is a field grade 70lbs and it shoots very well, is very quiet and was very affordable back when I bought it.
    I shoot a PSE Carrera and the Parker, love them both...

6. steelheader

steelheader Elite Refuge Member

I shoot a parker ultralite 31 and it is an awesome little bow. I have been looking at the Phoenix and they are awesome. You can't go wrong with the Parker. I have been looking at the AR bows and am probably going to pick one up.

7. Ark Z71

Ark Z71 Refuge Member

I recently purchased a Parker Hunter Mag Extreme. I have Mathews MQ1 (70 lb) that I bought when they first came out. I had to get a bow with less poundage (60 lb) due to recent surgery to use until I can get back to where I can shoot the MQ1. I have no complaints about the Parker. I think that it is just as good as the Mathews. The way I look at it, most companies have access to the same technology. It is just that Mathews has done quite a bit of research and development and is on the leading edge. They put quite a bit of money in advertising and their pro staff. A friend of mine that keeps up with the archery industry pretty good told me that Parker uses Mathews cams on their bows. The Parker Hunter Mag Extreme is a very good bow and it shoots very well. It is everything I was looking for in a second bow at a reasonable price. :tu

8. easymoney

easymoney Senior Refuge Member

Parker makes very good bows, and the thing that sets them apart from a lot of the majority of fast Bows is they are very quiet.

9. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

I shoot a Hoyt X-Tec simply becasue I like the way the bow shoots for me. If the Parker shoots good for you, then you made the right choice. It's a personal choice, just like with firearms.

10. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Sorry guys, I have to disagree. I have shot just about every bow on the market in the past few weeks and the Mathew's Switchback is by far the smoothest shooting bow out.

If you are looking to put a deer down, sure, just about any bow will do....if you like a smooth draw and a silky smooth, balanced release, there is no bow that compares to the Switchback. That bow is smooth as butter! And by far the quietest bow out.

Oh...and FYI, I own a Q2. I have had several different brands of bows in my life, so I am not just stuck on Mathew's.