Whats your set up? Post it here!

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by TexasGeese, Jun 1, 2006.

1. wiwoodduck

wiwoodduck Elite Refuge Member

Canon Rebel 2000 that I think still has a roll of film in it I should use up.
    Canon Digital Rebel XT

EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM
    EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 II
    EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM

2. M.W.P

M.W.P Elite Refuge Member

Nikon F100
    Just got a new Nikon D200 (I've been resisting the digital movement until now).
    Nikon 100-400IS F5.6

I rent a lot of big glass from LightTec in Houston, they have a nice Nikon AF 500 F4 that is good on long distance waterfowl.

3. Pelican Guide

Pelican Guide Elite Refuge Member

What do they charge to rent gear? I wish there was a place around here that did that. I would love to try out some different stuff before dropping a ton of money on something.

4. M.W.P

M.W.P Elite Refuge Member

It's not bad, about $80.00 a day for a long lens. They will even rent them out for a week for like $250.00.

5. Duckles

Duckles Senior Refuge Member

I recently bought Nikon D50....haven't mastered it yet by any means. I am having trouble properly manipulating the photos to post of sufficient size. I have to shrink em way down to meet the size limits....which in turn destroys the quality. What am I doing wrong?

6. Waders

Waders Elite Refuge Member

Canon S2IS. I'm afraid of getting anything better because I know I'd break it.
    How long have we had a photography forum????

7. Dextermutt

Dextermutt Senior Refuge Member

Get photoshop or maybe you have a copy of elements. Use these to resize to the size you want and then use an image host like imageshack or photobucket. The forum only lets you post small pics and like you say degrades the quality. Hope this helps, I'm a newbie myself and got some great help from forum members on posting pics and using an DSLR. (I use IS myself, no size restrictions really and FREE)

8. Duckles

Duckles Senior Refuge Member

Thanks Dextermutt......I have the Nikon Picture Perfect software....but, as with the camera, I'm in a learning curve right now. I'll check into an imagehost. Gonna run out and do a little flounder fishing later this evening, maybe I'll have something to post.:tu

9. egadwall

egadwall Elite Refuge Member

Just ordered this kit off Ebay. It has already been delivered but ... downside is that I won't see it until about the middle of July.

We're living in China at the moment and it was delivered to our daughter's house in Rochester, MN, where we'll spend some time in July with kids and grandkids, trying out the camera until we go to Michigan (more shooting photos in the northern Lower Peninsula) and then to our new home in Chiang Mai, Thailand in August.

I hope to get some good shots of some waterfowl that aren't normally seen on these pages. Wish I could trade that, though, for some real shots at waterfowl over decoys again.

10. boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy Elite Refuge Member

I have a Canon 10D and use either the 100-400L IS or a 100 F2.8 Macro. I use the macro lens for portrait work and the 100-400 for just about everything else. I am waiting to see what Canon comes up with this fall before upgrading. My next lens will be the 24-70 F2.8 L for upland work. I thought about getting the 70-200 L IS, but it is just too long for that sort of thing...I got to borrow one this past season and found myself staying way back which got a bit dangerous a time or two when the hunter swung my way. BUt...I wasn't quail hunting down in Texas, so I was out of range for at least one hunter:dv
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]