Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Where are the Canadians? Introduce yourselves

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Ohferducksake, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Ohferducksake

Ohferducksake New Member

I'll start.
    I'm an Southern Alberta hunter. In 1978 I was 9 and my dad took me on my first hunt. A field goose hunt about 30 minutes East of Wainwright. We hunted out of a brush blind with my cousins and uncles and their 870's and A5's. And I was the retriever. Been after the migrators off and on ever since. I call Calgary home now and hunt the Southern half of the province with my daughter and yellow lab.

2. SCREENER

SCREENER Senior Refuge Member

I am the last "Screener" still active amongthe term used for hunting divers with 2 man sneakboats.I am the the last also to have been trained by the last of the market hunters in the western end of Lake Ontario.Gone are the days of decoying 500 birds in a morning.Cans redheads, bluebills , sculling down on these birds in a set of wooden decoys.Watching the sun get up over big water.The smell of smelts in big water.Calling birds from the next hunters decoys.Watching the sun rise and seeing 0 outfits along the shoreline each manned by over 50 years experience.All have gone with the birds .The price we pay for civilization.I was born 50 years too late.

3. jamesd1187

jamesd1187 New Member

Another Canadian here, from the east coast. I'm probably younger then most here being born in the late 80's. I remember tagging along with my dad and his friends from shortly after I was able to walk. I look forward to joining friends and family in Saskatchewan in the next year for hunting and fishing.

4. Wood Duck Crazy

Wood Duck Crazy Elite Refuge Member

Been at it for almost 40yrs am in the forces and have hunted all over Canada and a few states. Have a huge taxidermy collection and am only a few birds short of having all NA waterfowl mounted. Have been in DU as a volunteer for about 25 yrs and also help with Delta since I was posted West originally from PEI. Have a son named Drake and currently 2black labs.

DucksPro likes this.
  5. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

This time of year, all of the Canadians are in Arizona or Mexico or Hawaii.

6. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

<--- My name and where I am from. Been hunting ducks since I was about 16 or so. Love waterfowling and teaching new people to hunt also.

7. WildCanuck

WildCanuck Elite Refuge Member

From southern Quebec, but I've been in Alberta for 8 years.

8. Heronk77

Heronk77 Senior Refuge Member

I started tagging along with my Dad when I was 8 and we lived in Nova Scotia. Shot my first duck when I was 16 after we moved to Ontario and have been chasing waterfowl for 45 years now. Currently living west of Ottawa.

9. Slick

Slick Senior Refuge Member

They're out hunting deer, moose, elk, bear, grouse, huns and woodcock. Ducks and geese.....nawww! They leave the flying rubber to us non-resident aliens. :D

10. JTS

JTS Elite Refuge Member

I'm in the Armed Forces, originally from the Maritimes, and newly posted to AB. I have been a waterfowler for 30+ yrs and have hunted throughout Canada and some in the US. I make my own decoys (wood, cork, foam) and I have a have more than a few birds on the wall. I am a long term DU volunteer. I still have a young gun at home, Brycen (14), and two retrievers.