Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Where are the Canadians? Introduce yourselves

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Ohferducksake, Dec 14, 2014.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Alive and lost in the wilds of northern Manitoba.

2. whiskyjack

whiskyjack Refuge Member

Live in Redcliff in SE Alberta. Am re-discovering water-fowling the last few years. Duck hunting was one of my first hunting experiences along with upland birds. Got away from ducks for a number of years but a chance encounter with a Delta Waterfowl biologist rekindled my interest. I was in the Canadian Armed Forces for 26 years but retired in 2006.

3. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Woodduckcrazy, JTS, WhiskeyJack and others serving or having served, thank you for your service.

Doug

4. old duckman

old duckman New Member

Hello there, I live in Niagara Falls Ont. Still diver hunting after being at it for 42 yrs.Mainly hunt Lake Erie used to hunt port Weller Lake Ontario not so much anymore & yes screener I remember The Great Lakes Waterfowl Association boy what I,d give to have them flights of bluebills back but........ Anyhow carving decoys & training retrievers takes up a lot of my time now, All the Best to you all,
    John Unruh

5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I got really drunk and somehow ended up in Key West two nights ago. No snow geese to be seen. I was disappointed. Florida drivers are terrible. No turn signals, drifting in and out of lanes, and accidents everywhere.

In previous week, I enjoyed a cruise down to Honduras, Belize and Mexico for a week, to get out of the cold weather.

If you are looking for Canadians, check the snowbird parks in Texas, Arizona, and Florida.

Seafood was great. Prices for accommodations were on the high side. Roach motels were $400 a night and we shared a condo with 2 other couples and it was around $700 a night.

Temps last week got down into the low '60s in the Keys, so I imagine the whole east coast was cool.

Met one other duck hunter on our trip, and we are going to keep in touch about doing a Nunavut snow goose hunt in August. Life is an adventure.

6. cormier1

cormier1 Senior Refuge Member

From the Maritimes here, still enjoy getting out on a good old duck hunt. My dog has been retired for 3 years now, soon going to start training a new one with my daughter.

7. qcwaterfowler

qcwaterfowler New Member

Hi,

I am from Southwest Quebec. I hunt mainly the field and marshes along the St-Lawrence river for Canadas, Mallards and Black.
    I own two black lab that keep me in hunting mode all year long. I am looking forward to have them work on snow geese if ever the spring reaches us this year.

regards,

Serge

8. D.A.N.S

D.A.N.S Elite Refuge Member

John from NS been hunting waterfowl for 26 years

9. Rockblind

Rockblind Elite Refuge Member

22 KM from Stakeblind 4000 KM from Stoneblind's Ho
    Wesley from QC, been at it for 45 years!!

10. 10ga.crazy

10ga.crazy Senior Refuge Member

Originally from Ontario. Grew up on the shore of Lake Ontario seeing massive rafts of divers as large as 15,000 + birds as a kid. Watched the scull boat hunters ply their trade off Port Weller(entrance of the Welland Canal). By the time I was old enough to join in it was only a matter of 2-3 seasons before the bluebill flights all but disappeared. Then at 18 we moved north to the North Bay area and I was there until 2012 when I headed west. Now living on the SK/AB border in prime duck and goose country. This will be my 37th season as a licensed waterfowler.