Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Where are the Canadians? Introduce yourselves

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Ohferducksake, Dec 14, 2014.

1. 1jesseK

1jesseK Refuge Member

I operate a waterfowl guiding service in the Parkland of Manitoba near the Saskatchewan border. I am an agrologist by trade and have been involved in farming and hunting waterfowl since I was 12....(couple years ago now dang it!)

We are always looking for a select few hunters to help us keep the population manageable, we have over 20,000 acres of prime waterfowl/agriculture land that we hold exclusive for our hunters (and ourselves when we are not guiding). We love to farm and take pride in caring for the land and wildlife that provides us and our neighbours with our living!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. Big Burt

Big Burt Refuge Member

My name is Brad. I grew up hunting Rondeau Bay in ONtario. I now live in Martensville SK. Love chasing the snows.The dark geese and the ducks just seem to show up.

3. LABMAN1000

LABMAN1000 Refuge Member

transplanted buckeye now living in manitoba
    My name is Chris Hoover . I started hunting Manitoba in 1984 with my dad .We bought a cabin in the early 90s . One weekend a couple of young ladies stopped by cabin . I married one of them . Moved up here . I now live with in seconds of world class water fowling and fishing . I love to hunt Divers . I have been on our local DU committee for 17 yrs . My daughter and wife both hunt with me .
    Grew up just outside of Columbus Ohio . Go Bucks

4. northerner

northerner Senior Refuge Member

Originally from northeastern Ontario, recently relocated to Peterborough. Going to miss the lack of hunters in the north this season. Hunt mostly lake/river marshes for mixed bags, try to get in a field goose hunt or two when I can, and had fun the last couple seasons targeting buffleheads and goldeneyes for a hunt or two!

Steve

5. cjcocn

cjcocn Senior Refuge Member

From The Pas, Manitoba, and basically a neighbor of Bang Yer Dead.

Been going on hunts since I was a little guy and started shooting when I was 12. I generally hunt over water and run a 36PD on an 1852 (riveted) hull. I hunt mainly ducks, but have been known to shoot a goose or two.

Had me a black lab but he got cancer last year and I had to put him to sleep on my birthday. I keep on telling myself that my present was knowing that he wasn't suffering any longer, but dang I sure miss him! We had many a great adventure though and pretty soon I will be getting another buddy to hang around with. :)

I used to meet up with friends from the south every year, but lately have lost touch with them .... seems that it's time to check out the local launches and see who I can meet up with this year!

6. Canadian hitman

Canadian hitman Senior Refuge Member

Also from Peterborough Ontario and been chasing ducks for 35 years. Love the divers!!

7. The Old Taz

The Old Taz Senior Refuge Member

I'm an Ontario guy living just south of Hamilton in the Niagara region. I hunt locally and along the Lake Erie shore, mostly Long Point. Lately I've been into wetland restoration on my farm. I like the 'build it and they will come' theory and have enjoyed seeing it firsthand for a few years now. Nothing beats walking out back and shooting 18 mallards, especially in a comfortable blind with breakfast cooking.

I enjoy hunting with my wife. We've shared the blind opening morning for over 10 years in a row now. My boys are getting into it too. Along with a few friends we chase every kind of duck, hunting ponds, fields, rivers and open water.

8. D.A.N.S

D.A.N.S Elite Refuge Member

Nova Scotia , been going since i can remember.. Waterfowl is my passion but now i'm taking the gun less getting more enjoyment from introducing New guys and taking out youth who parents don't or cant get time hunt to the addiction. Goal before i'm in the Big Marsh with my for-fathers is to hunt in every province and territory in our great Dominion

9. 1550FPS

1550FPS Senior Refuge Member

Southern Ontario hunter here. Been chasing ducks since birth basically. 4th generation waterfowler. Its in the blood. Love my divers!

S.