Where did dinosaurs come from?

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Plumgold1, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Shocknawh

Shocknawh Senior Refuge Member

Well the Moses is credited for being the author of the first five books of the OT.
    The earliest of anyone mentioned in the bible after Adam and Eve is around 2125 BC - 2100BC...
    No one knows when creation was before this.. so we are looking at a known guesstimate of roughly 4000 years that man has been recorded not including the span between creation and Abraham. I just spit out 3million just for giggles counting about 10,000 years as one day being a thousand years .
    By adding up the ages of man from Adam untill Abraham was roughly between 3000-5000 years now do not quote me on this because I haven't added it up..
    There are theologians out there who thrive on this data...
    I have trouble keeping my eyes open long enough to try and read all the geneologies.

The only time frame we could even say could be thousands of years is the first seven, but here is the deal... It specifically states an evening and a morning were the next day on each day, so if you see wiggle room there then so be it, I don't.
    Now with that being said, there are some things that do not make sense to me, such as how did people get to the Western hemisphere and Australia.... The first man and woman were created in the garden of Eden, which laid between the Tigris and Euphrate s rivers. Cain after murdering Abel, had to leave and ended up in the land of Nod which is east of the assumed Garden of Eden.
    I don't understand where race came from, because the only account for seperation was at the tower of Babel when their languages were confused and they were scattered out in all the lands.
    I don't think the bible is inaccurate, I think the time it was written, that events that happened in a certain area were talked about. I believe it only mentions the things that were intended for man to see the relationship with God from the beginning... Not every detail since creation is recorded. These are supposed to be words breathed by God to Moses. We have to remember that the events Moses wrote happened 300-400 years before his time.

2. Shocknawh

The bible wasn't even translated into English for.many many years after it was written so it is focused on a certain area for the historical background..
    We know dinosaurs were here, we have the bones to prove, yet no exact timing system to know 100% accuracy of dating.
    Pangaea is a theory, but because it's the only thing that physically makes sense, then we assume that is the only way.... If God could make a man out of dust and mold.him like clay, breathe breath into his nostrils and call him Adam.... Then He could scatter men and women all over the earth.. it just doesn't specify the exact details we yearn for..
    Just like we yearn to know where Cain's wife came from... All we know is Nod....
    Does it matter? Does it matter when dinosaurs walked the earth? Does it matter how people became to existence on continents too far to see and know were even there?
    Does it matter if there was an ice age or not???

I'm afraid not brothers, I'm afraid that worrying about any of this will not add one second to the breath you have been given.
    Every hair on your head is still numbered.
    God gave us curiosity to progress, not to dwell on the past.
    He gave us a brain to adapt and overcome obstacles laid before us, a soul to long for a love one another and a spouse to be complete with, and a God to worship and seek to lean on and be supported by.
    You either have faith or you do not.. hours and hours of bumping heads on brings bruises. Refusing to accept the fact that there could be truth to God, is only adding misery to your soul.
    I've tried to look at from both sides, I choose to firmly be planted in my faith of Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour... When He shed His blood on that cross, died, was buried, and resurrected... All that in the past, is just that... In the past... So if a man wants to spend the rest of his days digging up old bones, that's all he will ever find joy in, old bones... Or you can be set free from all the past...
    I chose the narrow path that leads to righteousness, not to just end up a pile of bones...

3. Shocknawh

The bible wasn't even translated into English for.many many years after it was written so it is focused on a certain area for the historical background..
    We know dinosaurs were here, we have the bones to prove, yet no exact timing system to know 100% accuracy of dating.
    Pangaea is a theory, but because it's the only thing that physically makes sense, then we assume that is the only way.... If God could make a man out of dust and mold.him like clay, breathe breath into his nostrils and call him Adam.... Then He could scatter men and women all over the earth.. it just doesn't specify the exact details we yearn for..
    Just like we yearn to know where Cain's wife came from... All we know is Nod....
    Does it matter? Does it matter when dinosaurs walked the earth? Does it matter how people became to existence on continents too far to see and know were even there?
    Does it matter if there was an ice age or not???

I'm afraid not brothers, I'm afraid that worrying about any of this will not add one second to the breath you have been given.
    Every hair on your head is still numbered.
    God gave us curiosity to progress, not to dwell on the past.
    He gave us a brain to adapt and overcome obstacles laid before us, a soul to long for a love one another and a spouse to be complete with, and a God to worship and seek to lean on and be supported by.
    You either have faith or you do not.. hours and hours of bumping heads on brings bruises. Refusing to accept the fact that there could be truth to God, is only adding misery to your soul.
    I've tried to look at from both sides, I choose to firmly be planted in my faith of Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour... When He shed His blood on that cross, died, was buried, and resurrected... All that in the past, is just that... In the past... So if a man wants to spend the rest of his days digging up old bones, that's all he will ever find joy in, old bones... Or you can be set free from all the past...
    I chose the narrow path that leads to righteousness, not to just end up a pile of bones...

4. Shocknawh

I was trying to learn a little about the native Americans and the Aborigines.
    Nothing biblical really tells us for sure when and where these people originated from except for the the verses about the tower of Babel..
    Noah's three son's and their wives. This is the only physical connection to seperate races..
    If all men were one color and genetically similar far as build and facial features, then I would buy the evolution theory.. but there is a lot of differences amongst us ethnically.
    Where the first man was created and all that still live in that region, makes me wonder where white people come from.... And How we here in the USA are gentiles, and why we assume we are God's people when scripture says who is His chosen people.

5. Shocknawh

But what I do understand is that if you trust in Jesus Christ with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, ... You will not be disappointed with the life that He leads you to.. I can promise you this..

6. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

What's so hard about that? Once people left Africa and migrated to Northern latitudes of course their skin lightened. Ever see a suntan?

7. Shocknawh

If you say so...
    There are Africans living in several cold climates.. they haven't turned white nor have their children... There are white folks in Australia and dark skinned.. nothing has changed...
    It's genetic... Not sunburn...
    I hang out in the sun a lot and I've never turned black or even brown..
    I live in the south...
    That might sound good and look good on paper, but I'm gonna have to disagree on that one...
    I say different genetics per ethnicity... But that's just my opinion..

8. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

It happens over thousands of years, not in a single human lifetime.

9. Shocknawh

What color are Hispanics?

10. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

would take millions of years..not thousands