Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Where will they be in 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by a-carpenter, Jan 18, 2004.

1. a-carpenter

a-carpenter Senior Refuge Member

I'm planing to hunt snows the first week of the spring season ( feb 4-8) and have set-up a trip to AR , just north-west of Wynne. I hear talk that they are in that area now , will they still be in that area in two weeks?

2. maddogg

maddogg Senior Refuge Member

there still should be plenty in the area for a hunt,but if I was a betting man I would say the bulk would be pushing more into southern mo

3. mrdux

mrdux Elite Refuge Member

Didn't hear a shot in the Bootheel yesterday. The 30 mph north wind took them all back into Arkansas. I doubt that big numbers will come back early this week due to the teens forecast at night here for 3 days. That should make for some good hunting in MO during the first days of the next warm spell. This time of the year, the snows will come in or leave SO MO overnight, depending on cold or warm weather. The main push will still be a few weeks off. You should be in good shape for AR during your hunt. You guys in IA and northward will just have to wait your turns. They will come!

4. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

Unless something extreme happens you will be right in the heart of it in AR. There will be still a ton of birds to the south in LA which should start coming up about then.

5. JEDJR

JEDJR Elite Refuge Member

Toye is right. Arkansas from what I have heard has held good numbers of snows all season long. In Louisiana, we still have massive numbers of birds down here. This latest cold front will help re-enforce those numbers as we will be in the mid 20's tomm morning.Our lease is just south of the I-10 but there is great numbers of birds farther south of us. The hunting has been tough on these birds the last couple of weeks. Now that duck season has ended in our west zone, the skybusting will stop and hopefully the guys who put the time and effort to putting out big spreads, can start killin some snows before they start that main push north. Our conservation order starts Feb. 7th. Good luck to all!

6. Horsemen

Horsemen Elite Refuge Member

All the snows around here went back south and I saw some high flocks going south too.

7. a-carpenter

a-carpenter Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the info , thats what I wanted to hear!

8. Doubletap

Doubletap Elite Refuge Member

We have been making the trip to Arkansas since the late season began and other than last year, had a snowstorm, the week you are going should be really good, we also go back around the first of March, not near as many geese, but the juvies sure are fun to play with